    help.
    Thanks

    ---
    Jerry, May 1, 2004

  2. Jerry

    Thor Guest

    if your BIOS has an option to disable power management, or specifically
    ACPI, or if power management is bing handled by legacy APM and not ACPI,
    you'll get the behavior you described in XP. You need to make sure ACPI
    power management is enabled, then try running the add new hardware wizard to
    add support for it in windows. If you had ACPI disabled during the
    installation, and the add new hardware wizard doesn't pick it up and fix the
    problem, then you may need to reinstall XP with ACPI enabled for it to
    properly enable the support for it. One thing to check to see if ACPI
    support is enabled and present in windows, check the device manager, and
    expand the first entry "computer" and it should say "ACPI uniprocessor PC".

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have just built a pc with no apparent problems - XP2400, Asus A7V8X,
    > 256Mb, 80Gb & Windows XP Pro.
    > Everything seemed to be ok until i went to switch it off, i got the normal
    > screen-windows is shutting down & then nothing happens, please could

    someone

    Thor, May 1, 2004