    screen of death" saying there is a hardware
    incompatibility.

    How do I figure out what the problem is?

    Myrt Webb, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Myrt Webb

    PJB Guest

    "Myrt Webb" <> wrote in
    message news:26c1901c46370$b61da6a0$...
    > I have an older HP Pavilion XE749.
    >
    > The HDD went down so I replaced it. I installed the
    > original Win98 without a problem.
    >
    > When I attempt to upgrade to WinXP Pro I get the "blue
    > screen of death" saying there is a hardware
    > incompatibility.
    >
    > How do I figure out what the problem is?

    1st, you work out what the hell your question has to do with
    wireless networking

    2nd, somewhere on the XP cd should be the hardware
    compatability proggy that you can run on your HP to
    determine if it will indeed support XP. If you can't find
    it, you can get it from Mickeysoft.

    P.

    PJB, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Myrt Webb

    Papa Guest

    Before attempting to install Windows XP, run the XP compatibility program
    which is on the XP disk. It will list any problem areas. Some of your
    drivers, for example, may need to be replaced with new drivers.

    Papa, Jul 7, 2004