    (doneO. If the problem persists you may need to update this driver. Can
    anyone tell me how to update the driver or anything else to fix this
    problem. Thanks LCP

    LeRoy Ploeger, Jun 19, 2005

  2. LeRoy Ploeger

    unwashed Guest

    "LeRoy Ploeger" <> wrote in message
    news:FZete.8023$...
    > When trying to put into standby get the following.
    >
    > The device driver for 'Communications Port [COM]' device is preventing
    > the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try
    > again. (doneO. If the problem persists you may need to update this driver.
    > Can anyone tell me how to update the driver or anything else to fix this
    > problem. Thanks LCP

    The device connected to the COM port will be a modem or printer.
    Any other error messages?
    Any devices listed in device manager with probs?

    unwashed, Jun 19, 2005

  3. LeRoy Ploeger

    > When trying to put into standby get the following.
    >
    > The device driver for 'Communications Port [COM]' device is preventing
    > the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try
    > again. (doneO. If the problem persists you may need to update this driver.
    > Can anyone tell me how to update the driver or anything else to fix this
    > problem. Thanks LCP

    Have a look here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prdh_dmt_gmbd.asp

    unwashed, Jun 19, 2005
  4. LeRoy Ploeger

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:06:29 GMT, "LeRoy Ploeger"
    <> wrote:

    >When trying to put into standby get the following.
    >
    >The device driver for 'Communications Port [COM]' device is preventing the
    >machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again.
    >(doneO. If the problem persists you may need to update this driver. Can
    >anyone tell me how to update the driver or anything else to fix this
    >problem. Thanks LCP

    This is.. what, the 3rd time you've asked? People have responded
    before. See the replies to the other 3 threads.

    Evan Platt, Jun 19, 2005