    Any one have any suggestions Its a P3 500
    Thanks
    Nikki

    Nikki, Sep 24, 2005

  2. Nikki

    HF Guest

    Put in a boot disk and drum up Fdisk. Take a look at partition info etc.
    Another one is to look in the bios and check out what is going on.

    HF, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Nikki

    lizzieb Guest

    Maybe worth trying another power supply or checking voltages on the one you
    have got.

    Lizzie

    lizzieb, Sep 25, 2005
  4. Nikki

    Nikki Guest

    HF wrote:
    > Put in a boot disk and drum up Fdisk. Take a look at partition info etc.
    > Another one is to look in the bios and check out what is going on.
    > "Nikki" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>For a week before the computer would reboot by itself when no one was
    >>using it maybe a few times a day. Now it will not boot up at all no
    >>beeps nothing. I have power all the fans will come on there is an LED
    >>on the mother board that is on
    >>I have tried
    >>- re-seating all cards
    >>- disconnecting CD Drives, Floppy
    >>- Removing all cards except for video card
    >>- Removing and trying hard drive in another computer (works ok)
    >>- Testing battery on MB its ok
    >>

    >>Any one have any suggestions Its a P3 500
    >>Thanks
    >>Nikki

    I get nothing on the monitor when I turn the computer on. I cant boot to
    anything. I know the drive is ok I put in on as a slave on another
    computer and can read everything on it
    Nikki

    Nikki, Sep 25, 2005
  5. Nikki

    Nikki Guest

    lizzieb wrote:
    > Maybe worth trying another power supply or checking voltages on the one you
    > have got.
    >
    > Lizzie
    >
    > "Nikki" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>For a week before the computer would reboot by itself when no one was
    >>using it maybe a few times a day. Now it will not boot up at all no beeps
    >>nothing. I have power all the fans will come on there is an LED on the
    >>mother board that is on
    >>I have tried
    >>- re-seating all cards
    >>- disconnecting CD Drives, Floppy
    >>- Removing all cards except for video card
    >>- Removing and trying hard drive in another computer (works ok)
    >>- Testing battery on MB its ok
    >>

    >>Any one have any suggestions Its a P3 500
    >>Thanks
    >>Nikki

    Power looks good comparing it to another computer I have
    Thanks

    Nikki, Sep 25, 2005
  6. Nikki

    lizzieb Guest

    Hi

    when you say the power is good -what do you mean. The fan working is not
    always a sign that the PSU is OK.
    Lizzie

    lizzieb, Sep 25, 2005
  7. Nikki

    dennis Guest

    "Nikki" <> wrote in message
    > For a week before the computer would reboot by itself when no one was
    > using it maybe a few times a day. Now it will not boot up at all no beeps
    > nothing. I have power all the fans will come on there is an LED on the
    > mother board that is on
    > I have tried
    > - re-seating all cards
    > - disconnecting CD Drives, Floppy
    > - Removing all cards except for video card
    > - Removing and trying hard drive in another computer (works ok)
    > - Testing battery on MB its ok
    >

    > Any one have any suggestions Its a P3 500
    > Thanks
    > Nikki

    Take the system down to barebones (mobo/memory/video) then I'd start with
    the powersupply...got a friend who has a spare one lying around that you
    could temporarily hook up for a test? Maybe you or a friend (again) has a
    spare video card to try. If it was memory iirc, you will get beeps during
    post. Anything beyond that may it may not be worth repairing, at least at
    the retail level.

    Another thing is to look at the motherboard for leaking (venting)
    capacitors. This may be the culprit especially with a machine this age.

    good luck
    dennis

    dennis, Sep 25, 2005
  8. Nikki

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Nikki" <> wrote in message
    > For a week before the computer would reboot by itself when no one was
    > using it maybe a few times a day. Now it will not boot up at all no beeps
    > nothing. I have power all the fans will come on there is an LED on the
    > mother board that is on
    > I have tried
    > - re-seating all cards
    > - disconnecting CD Drives, Floppy
    > - Removing all cards except for video card
    > - Removing and trying hard drive in another computer (works ok)
    > - Testing battery on MB its ok
    >

    > Any one have any suggestions Its a P3 500
    > Thanks
    > Nikki

    Agree with Dennis about the possibility of leaking/bulging capacitors and if
    not that then somehow the mobo is still bad.

    Mark Mandell, Sep 25, 2005
  9. Nikki

    bmoag Guest

    Yo mammaboard be fried crispier than the Colonel's extra-crispy. Unless it
    is your cpu instead/also.
    Either way it is time to pony up for a new machine, at least MB/CPU/memory.
    Be glad your hard drive is still alive.
    I would be curious to know if your motherboard had a "wake on Lan" setting,
    that it could be set to be turned on over a network by an administrator as
    presumably this is the only was a computer could spontaneously boot. Someone
    wrote into one of the computer magazines about this recently.

    bmoag, Sep 25, 2005
  10. Nikki

    Nikki Guest

    bmoag wrote:
    > Yo mammaboard be fried crispier than the Colonel's extra-crispy. Unless it
    > is your cpu instead/also.
    > Either way it is time to pony up for a new machine, at least MB/CPU/memory.
    > Be glad your hard drive is still alive.
    > I would be curious to know if your motherboard had a "wake on Lan" setting,
    > that it could be set to be turned on over a network by an administrator as
    > presumably this is the only was a computer could spontaneously boot. Someone
    > wrote into one of the computer magazines about this recently.

    Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. Today I took every thing
    apart removed power supply memory all cards cables and used my air
    compressor to clean all the dust out. Put every thing back in and now
    it works. Must have being a lose connector I guess. Im happy
    Thanks
    Nikki

    Nikki, Sep 26, 2005