    this blue and white wired female power connector coming out, I think its for
    the front lights. So I do not know what to do. Please help me out as I need
    to get this going ASAP and install XP Pro. Thanks.
    Vince Slevin, May 21, 2004

  2. Vince Slevin

    Pepperoni Guest

    P4 boards connect direct to the PS with a 2x2 power connecter. (white plug)
    View your MB schematic for the location of this connecter. Your case is
    P4 ready, so it has the necessary connecters.
    http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4p8x/overview.htm#

    "Vince Slevin" <> wrote in message
    > I am building my forth computer, all my others have worked great, but this
    > one will not boot. I have a black Scorpio 420 watt Raidmax tower and power
    > supply. It also has a 3.06ghz p4, 1gb RAM (2x512), Ati Radeon 9200SE,

    CD-RW,

    Pepperoni, May 21, 2004

  3. Vince Slevin

    Vince Slevin Guest

    I found the Power switch header and got it to boot. Now I just found out
    that newegg.com has sent be a defected CD-RW so I can't install XP Pro. When
    I press the eject button it just releases, but doesn't open. I have to pry
    the tray out. Once I got the disc in, the computer didn't detect it, however
    it detects the drive fine. I guess I'll have to exchange it. Thanks for your
    help.

    Vince Slevin, May 21, 2004
  4. Vince Slevin

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Vince Slevin" <> wrote in

    > I found the Power switch header and got it to boot. Now I just found
    > out that newegg.com has sent be a defected CD-RW so I can't install XP
    > Pro. When I press the eject button it just releases, but doesn't open.
    > I have to pry the tray out. Once I got the disc in, the computer
    > didn't detect it, however it detects the drive fine. I guess I'll have
    > to exchange it. Thanks for your help.

    I hope you do not blame newegg for that problem. In my experience as a
    customer at newegg, they are by far the best online retailer I've ever
    shopped at.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, May 21, 2004
  5. Vince Slevin

    Stuart Guest

    Vince Slevin wrote:

    > I found the Power switch header and got it to boot. Now I just found out
    > that newegg.com has sent be a defected CD-RW so I can't install XP Pro. When
    > I press the eject button it just releases, but doesn't open. I have to pry
    > the tray out. Once I got the disc in, the computer didn't detect it, however
    > it detects the drive fine. I guess I'll have to exchange it. Thanks for your
    > help.

    Are you sure you haven't missed something else, check your bios settings
    and also the connections into the back of the drive and the motherboard.

    Stuart
    Stuart, May 21, 2004