    selected A Drive as first in the BIOS setup. It stops during the boot
    sequence before it gets to look at A Drive. Using Win 98SE. Any suggestions
    would be appreciated.

    Bob H, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Bob H

    The Prophecy Guest

    Bob H wrote:
    > My computer suddenly decided not to boot up even with a start up
    > disk. I have selected A Drive as first in the BIOS setup. It stops
    > during the boot sequence before it gets to look at A Drive. Using Win
    > 98SE. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    What were you doing just prior to this problem occuring? Have you made any
    hardware changes to this computer recently?

    The Prophecy, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Bob H

    °Mike° Guest

    Not enough info.
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:43:55 -0400, in
    <>
    Bob H scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 18, 2004
  4. Bob H

    anc Guest

    Bob H wrote:

    > My computer suddenly decided not to boot up even with a start up disk. I
    > have
    > selected A Drive as first in the BIOS setup. It stops during the boot
    > sequence before it gets to look at A Drive. Using Win 98SE. Any
    > suggestions would be appreciated.

    What is the last message you see on your monitor when all boot activity
    has stopped?

    Make and verion of your BIOS may also be helpful.

    anc, Jun 18, 2004
  5. Bob H

    fuctifino Guest

    check no pci card have rode out or owt.
    undo anychanges to hardware if you made any,
    check to see if you auto detect drives in bios ok.
    if not i aint got a clue , im rat arsed.

    fuctifino, Jun 19, 2004