    will we still be able to take the original (based on XP)?

    Thanks in advance,

    Ted

    TedLarsen, May 8, 2007

  2. TedLarsen

    catwalker63 Guest

    TedLarsen piffled away vaguely:

    www.microsoft.com/learning

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, May 8, 2007

  3. TedLarsen

    TedLarsen Guest

    Re: Will MCDST for XP exam still be available after VISTA exams ar

    Thanks, but that page is not really helping with my question.

    This page comes closest to answering my question, but I'm still not sure.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/vistaupgrade/default.mspx

    This talks about the additional test to become a MCITP from a MCDST, and
    recommends that you take the MCDST tests in "early 2007" so you can take
    advantage of the one-test upgrade to MCITP. I'm not going to be ready to
    take any of the MCDST exams for a few months at least, and what I'm trying to
    determine is, if I wait till August of this year to take them (after the
    MCITP test is out) are they still going to be available to take? Or will I
    have to know Vista up and down before I can take an exam to get any kind of
    certification?

    Ideally, I don't want to spend time learning Vista right now. I'd rather
    focus on XP, getting my MCDST first, and then tacking Vista later (and take
    the upgrade exam later). My question is, if I wait a few months, will I
    still be able to do that? Or will knowing Vista be a prerequsite to getting
    any kind of Desktop Administrator certification?

    Thanks again,

    Ted

    TedLarsen, May 8, 2007
  4. TedLarsen

    catwalker63 Guest

    Re: Will MCDST for XP exam still be available after VISTA exams ar

    TedLarsen piffled away vaguely:

    > Thanks, but that page is not really helping with my question.
    >
    > This page comes closest to answering my question, but I'm still not sure.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/vistaupgrade/default.mspx
    >
    > This talks about the additional test to become a MCITP from a MCDST, and
    > recommends that you take the MCDST tests in "early 2007" so you can take
    > advantage of the one-test upgrade to MCITP. I'm not going to be ready to
    > take any of the MCDST exams for a few months at least, and what I'm trying to
    > determine is, if I wait till August of this year to take them (after the
    > MCITP test is out) are they still going to be available to take? Or will I
    > have to know Vista up and down before I can take an exam to get any kind of
    > certification?
    >
    > Ideally, I don't want to spend time learning Vista right now. I'd rather
    > focus on XP, getting my MCDST first, and then tacking Vista later (and take
    > the upgrade exam later). My question is, if I wait a few months, will I
    > still be able to do that? Or will knowing Vista be a prerequsite to getting
    > any kind of Desktop Administrator certification?

    There are no exams slated to retire before early-mid 2008. I don't know
    the link for exam retirement off the top of my head but you should be
    able to search MS for it. They announce retirements a year in advance
    and they do it in the spring. They still have Windows 2000 exams
    available until 2008. You should have plenty of time.

    catwalker63, May 8, 2007
  5. Re: Will MCDST for XP exam still be available after VISTA exams ar

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx
    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], May 9, 2007
  6. TedLarsen

    TedLarsen Guest

    Re: Will MCDST for XP exam still be available after VISTA exams ar

    Excellent, thanks guys, I appreciate it.

    Ted

    TedLarsen, May 14, 2007