    Does Windows Update have 64 bit drivers for download? Is there a
    compatability checker to run prior to install?

    Please help!
    =?Utf-8?B?Rmxvb3A=?=, May 13, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Rmxvb3A=?=

    Jerry Guest

    Win64 MAY not come with drivers for any and all hardware - your best bet is
    to check the various hardware manufacturer's web site for compatible
    drivers.

    Jerry, May 13, 2005

  3. There is a compatibility check with the 64bit OS.

    If your nervous about wiping the notebook, and have access to Norton Ghost
    or Power Quests Drive Image, you can make a image (clone) of your laptop.
    Recomended

    Or you can use the backup function and make a backup of your laptop but make
    sure you backup the system state other wise it's kinda useless.
    Least recomended

    Both of these options will work for you if XP64 does not work out, so you
    can put your laptop back to the way it was exactly as you left it before
    wiping it. To do either of these things you will need some type of networking
    with another computer setup. With Ghost, a network boot disk is essential.
    With the backup option, you would then have to install XP32 all over again
    and get things working correctly so you can use the backup program to restore
    form that other computer.

    But either way, if XP64 doesnt work for you..you will then have some way of
    going back but not from scratch. Ghost is really slick and has saved my butt
    many many times. Worth it to get it for just what your asking about.

    =?Utf-8?B?RFY=?=, May 13, 2005