    altho the ram has been doubled to 1 gig.
    many thanks!
    Si

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbGtib3k=?=, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Drivers you get from Acer. And the UK Acer site has been quicker to get
    drivers up for x64 than the North American site. As to whether you should
    install x64 Edition. May I suggest that you start with the resources listed
    in my Overview blog :
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/11/29/77166.aspx

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 17, 2006

  3. Hi I am on an acer Ferrari 3400 notebook with athlon 64 3400 processor and
    have windows xp 64 bit and to be honest its been a real headache. It took a
    great deal of time to find drivers that worked and I still often install
    programs to have they fail.

    There is no benefit, no speed increase I can see even in games like the new
    64bit half life2. So far theres no real advantage to the new op system just
    lots of problems

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZSBtb29yZQ==?=, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Like I said:
    Investing in Windows x64 should be a cautious decision for a user with a
    64-bit enabled processor, not because you have the opportunity of running it
    necessarily means you should or have to. Think about why you need it, what
    are you doing that demands the power that XP Pro x64 has to offer, do the
    proper research, ensure all your applications work, especially devices such
    as your Printer is fully compatible with it.

    Its still a technical workstation operating system, not because it has
    Professional in its name means its identical performance and compatibility
    to its x86 counterpart.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2006
  5. I heard that sonar 4 runs realy well onit, im a music tech student and am
    currently looking at getting this new software, i also use it for gaming with
    half-life 2, battlefield 2, and other similar games, the only part that
    worrys me is the fact that when i tryed to install XP Home's SP2, I got a
    loop restarting Blue Screen! and i couldnt find a fix for it anywhere! and i
    still dont know what hardware was causing the error! I was wondering if x64
    would be a better choice.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbGJveQ==?=, Jan 18, 2006
  6. Charlie Russel has mentioned that app (Sonar) a few times here as a
    recommend app for user of XP Professional x64. Could you tell us what the
    error message on the blue screen, thats the only way we will be able to get
    somewhere at solving it.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2006
  7. i uninstalled SP2, but i gonna reformat as everything is going realy slow.
    If i get the problem again with either x64 or the 32bit windows ill post it!
    thanks for the help guys!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbGJveQ==?=, Jan 18, 2006