    reconfigure the connection once my laptop is restored or will windows xp
    (home edition) automatically configure it for me?

    Any help would be much appreciated.....

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dDE5?=, Mar 29, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dDE5?=

    Malke Guest

    Matt19 wrote:

    > I wish to do a system recovery of my laptop (not restore!) as my hard
    > disk has many errors on it!!
    >
    > I currently connect wirelessly to my home pc....if i do a system
    > recovery of my laptop will i have to reinstall all of the wireless
    > software and reconfigure the connection once my laptop is restored or
    > will windows xp (home edition) automatically configure it for me?
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated.....

    It really depends on what exactly you mean by "system recovery". If you
    are talking about using the laptop OEM's Restore program that will take
    you back to factory-condition, then of course you will need to
    reinstall everything that didn't come from the factory. Of course you
    will need to configure your connection, just as you did when you first
    got your laptop.

    You will get more useful and specific answers if you post back with a
    better description of what you want to do and why.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    www.elephantboycomputers.com