    Stupid me for ever buying this POS.

    Yeah, I know you all are going to say "I told you so." So go ahead.

    Norm
    Norm, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Norm

    Trent C Guest

    > Afters years and years of each succeeding versions of Norton System Works
    > think I am qualified to state that this program is a POS (Piece Of Shit)
    >
    > Everytime I run one of the utilities, such as Registry Cleanup, my system
    > either hangs or I get a major error.
    >
    > Stupid me for ever buying this POS.
    >
    > Yeah, I know you all are going to say "I told you so." So go ahead.

    I told you so
    Trent C, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Norm

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Norm said:

    > Afters years and years of each succeeding versions of Norton System Works I
    > think I am qualified to state that this program is a POS (Piece Of Shit)
    >
    > Everytime I run one of the utilities, such as Registry Cleanup, my system
    > either hangs or I get a major error.
    >
    > Stupid me for ever buying this POS.
    >
    > Yeah, I know you all are going to say "I told you so." So go ahead.
    >
    > Norm

    Some people only make mistakes a couple of times before they learn to stop doing
    something they know in advance will screw them.

    Now, I dare you to press the button.
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/i_m/internet.html
    Brian H¹©, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Norm

    BIG NIGE Guest

    Ive never told you before, BUT I am telling you now, How do I know, I found
    out the same way as you (Twice).

    BIG NIGE, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Norm

    Soup Guest

    Soup, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Norm

    Ionizer Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in message
    > Afters years and years of each succeeding versions of Norton System Works

    > think I am qualified to state that this program is a POS (Piece Of Shit)
    >
    > Everytime I run one of the utilities, such as Registry Cleanup, my system
    > either hangs or I get a major error.
    >
    > Stupid me for ever buying this POS.
    >
    > Yeah, I know you all are going to say "I told you so." So go ahead.
    >
    > Norm

    Perhaps there is something else amiss with your system, which causes
    conflict with SystemWorks.

    I have run Norton Utilities on an ME system, SystemWorks 2000 and 2001 on a
    W98SE system, and now SystemWorks 2003 on an XP system, and none have ever
    caused me any grief. The CleanSweep and WinDoctor components have always
    run without incident, and have never caused any unpleasant side-effects when
    they removed stuff from my computers.

    You are apparently not alone in having problems with this software, as
    evidenced by the replies so far, but your bad experiences are by no means
    universal. I've had good experiences with Symantec stuff so far, which is
    why I continue to use it. But if I began having the problems you describe,
    I'd ditch it immediately.

    Regards,
    Ian.
    Ionizer, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Norm

    Bryan Guest

    Soup wrote:
    > Soup just had to say
    > <snip>
    >> Now, I dare you to press the button.
    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/i_m/internet.html

    > Pressed the button and nothing happened.
    >
    > /me slopes of all disappointed.

    Ironic humour, methinks :)
    Bryan, Mar 6, 2004
  8. On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:22:24 GMT, "Soup" <> wrote:

    >Soup just had to say
    ><snip>
    >> Now, I dare you to press the button.
    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/i_m/internet.html

    >Pressed the button and nothing happened.

    My Pop Up blocker stops anything happening but don't worry - you are
    not missing anything worth while :)

    --
    Paulie

    pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com
    Pauline Johnson, Mar 6, 2004
  9. In article <W572c.22194$>,
    says...
    > Afters years and years of each succeeding versions of Norton System Works I
    > think I am qualified to state that this program is a POS (Piece Of Shit)
    >
    > Everytime I run one of the utilities, such as Registry Cleanup, my system
    > either hangs or I get a major error.
    >
    > Stupid me for ever buying this POS.
    >
    > Yeah, I know you all are going to say "I told you so." So go ahead.

    You? Me? But I am using it without trouble! Me? You? I am soooo confused...

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
    Norman Miller, Mar 6, 2004
  10. Norm

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Pauline Johnson said:

    > On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:22:24 GMT, "Soup" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Soup just had to say
    >> <snip>
    >>> Now, I dare you to press the button.
    >>> www.absey-vine.co.uk/i_m/internet.html

    >> Pressed the button and nothing happened.
    >>

    > My Pop Up blocker stops anything happening but don't worry - you are
    > not missing anything worth while :)

    Some people, I dunno, no sense of humour :p ;-)
    Brian H¹©, Mar 6, 2004
  11. Norm

    Tommy Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in message
    > Afters years and years of each succeeding versions of Norton System Works

    > think I am qualified to state that this program is a POS (Piece Of Shit)
    >
    > Everytime I run one of the utilities, such as Registry Cleanup, my system
    > either hangs or I get a major error.
    >
    > Stupid me for ever buying this POS.
    >
    > Yeah, I know you all are going to say "I told you so." So go ahead.
    >
    > Norm

    Try this Norm, don't cost nothin: I had the same experience as you.
    http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm

    --
    Tommy McClure
    toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org
    Tommy, Mar 6, 2004
  12. Norm

    Trent© Guest

    On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:46:37 -0500, "Ionizer"
    <> wrote:

    >"Norm" <> wrote in message
    >> Afters years and years of each succeeding versions of Norton System Works

    >> think I am qualified to state that this program is a POS (Piece Of Shit)
    >>
    >> Everytime I run one of the utilities, such as Registry Cleanup, my system
    >> either hangs or I get a major error.
    >>
    >> Stupid me for ever buying this POS.
    >>
    >> Yeah, I know you all are going to say "I told you so." So go ahead.
    >>
    >> Norm

    >Perhaps there is something else amiss with your system, which causes
    >conflict with SystemWorks.

    That's exactly the problem.

    Its called a CPU!! lol

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Mar 6, 2004
  13. Norm

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in message
    > Afters years and years of each succeeding versions of Norton System Works

    > think I am qualified to state that this program is a POS (Piece Of Shit)
    >
    > Everytime I run one of the utilities, such as Registry Cleanup, my system
    > either hangs or I get a major error.
    >
    > Stupid me for ever buying this POS.
    >
    > Yeah, I know you all are going to say "I told you so." So go ahead.
    >
    > Norm

    Maybe it's just luck. I did have nothing but trouble about this time a year
    ago with NSW III but finally got the damned thing working pretty good(this
    with Win98). Later installed on XP in my dual boot setup and seems to be
    fine. But ain' no way I'd "upgrade" to NSW 4.

    Mark Mandell

    Mark Mandell, Mar 6, 2004
  14. Norm

    Toolman Tim Guest

    > Perhaps there is something else amiss with your system, which causes
    > conflict with SystemWorks.
    >
    > I have run Norton Utilities on an ME system, SystemWorks 2000 and 2001 on

    > W98SE system, and now SystemWorks 2003 on an XP system, and none have ever
    > caused me any grief. The CleanSweep and WinDoctor components have always
    > run without incident, and have never caused any unpleasant side-effects

    when
    > they removed stuff from my computers.
    >
    > You are apparently not alone in having problems with this software, as
    > evidenced by the replies so far, but your bad experiences are by no means
    > universal. I've had good experiences with Symantec stuff so far, which is
    > why I continue to use it. But if I began having the problems you

    describe,
    > I'd ditch it immediately.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Ian.

    Ian isn't alone - I've used Norton/Symantec utilities way back to the mid
    '80s without ever damaging one of HUNDREDS of systems - my own, my families,
    my friends, my office workstations, etc. I've still got and still USE
    version 4.5 which came out in 1988 (Yes, I DO have DOS based machines around
    still <grin>)

    Tim
    Toolman Tim, Mar 6, 2004
  15. Norm

    Avenger© Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:23:50 GMT, "Norm" <> wrote:

    > "I told you so." So go ahead.
    >
    >Norm

    Okay, I told you so!!
    --

    "Put the CAT out to reply"
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam hater since 1951*
    Avenger©, Mar 6, 2004