    a German DVD player. Is this true? I made the DVD from an MPEG2 file
    using Easy Media Creator7 and want to send it to family in Germany.

    Thanks for any help.

    Dave Smith, Oct 13, 2004

  2. >I made a DVD of a video tape and I've heard that it might not play in
    >a German DVD player. Is this true? I made the DVD from an MPEG2 file
    >using Easy Media Creator7 and want to send it to family in Germany.

    If the DVD region is recorded on the disc as ALL (and it usually is when
    recorded from a PC) and the video formatting is PAL, the disc should play in a
    German DVD player without problems. If the video formatting is NTSC, there
    might be problems with reproducing the chroma, but that depends on your
    family's equipment and what it's capable of.

    Or, you can simply send them a CD-ROM of the home video footage as an MPEG, an
    AVI, or an MOV that's playable on their computer, if they have one.

    Or, you could send both and cover all your bases.

    Or, go a step further and hire the services of someone who can copy your
    original tape to a PAL recording for use in a German VCR. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 13, 2004

  3. Dave Smith

    DVDfanatico Guest

    Hi Dave,
    Most newer DVD players in Europe play all regions and PAL/NTSC. A few in the
    US, like the Cyberhomes, do this with a code. Do a google search for DVD
    creators that can make a disc in PAL format region free. I think
    www.dvdidle.com carries this type of software.

    HTH
    -DVDfanatico

    DVDfanatico, Oct 13, 2004
  4. "Dave Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I made a DVD of a video tape and I've heard that it might not play in
    > a German DVD player. Is this true? I made the DVD from an MPEG2 file
    > using Easy Media Creator7 and want to send it to family in Germany.

    Virtually all TVs and DVD players sold in Germany will handle NTSC disks
    without problem.

    Ian.

    Electric Fan Club, Oct 14, 2004