    backup, and it needs a new Hard Drive.?

    And no more back ups of software..

    What a sick world it has become, due too the sick US mentality.
    big cat, Jun 10, 2005

  2. big cat

    Mutlley Guest

    big cat <> wrote:

    >Seems that AMD will now be using it.
    >
    >Why do we allow the Sick Americans rule our Life.
    >
    >Seems that New Software will nor run on a System that does nor have a DRM
    >CPU's
    >
    >Also is it the end on Lunix..?
    >
    >Plus all that music software that you paid fo, for your iPod that you can't
    >backup, and it needs a new Hard Drive.?
    >
    >And no more back ups of software..
    >
    >What a sick world it has become, due too the sick US mentality.

    Here's hoping that Europe and the Asians give this one a one fingered
    solute..
    Mutlley, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Hi there,

    big cat wrote:

    > Seems that AMD will now be using it.

    Can you provide a link? A quick google can't find much...

    > Also is it the end on Lunix..?

    I doubt it. Are you feeling sorry for Lunix (sorry, Linux)
    Roger? Almost seems like it...

    > Plus all that music software that you paid fo, for your iPod that you can't
    > backup, and it needs a new Hard Drive.?
    >
    > And no more back ups of software..
    >
    > What a sick world it has become, due too the sick US mentality.

    They're not sick, just greedy! When they buy their golf-club
    memberships and $100 million super-yachts just remember YOUR
    money helped fund all that. Linux is disliked by some of the
    corporates you talk of, because it doesn't add to their gravy
    train, and in some cases reduces it due by stealing business
    from them...

    You know the answer Roger, give up all your proprietary DRM
    ridden Windows crap(tm), and move to linux... :)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.

    Chris Wilkinson, Jun 10, 2005
  4. big cat

    BrianM Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:10:01 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
    <> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >big cat wrote:
    >>
    >> Seems that AMD will now be using it.

    >Can you provide a link? A quick google can't find much...
    >
    >> Also is it the end on Lunix..?

    >I doubt it. Are you feeling sorry for Lunix (sorry, Linux)
    >Roger? Almost seems like it...
    >
    >> Plus all that music software that you paid fo, for your iPod that you can't
    >> backup, and it needs a new Hard Drive.?
    >>
    >> And no more back ups of software..
    >>
    >> What a sick world it has become, due too the sick US mentality.

    >They're not sick, just greedy! When they buy their golf-club
    >memberships and $100 million super-yachts just remember YOUR
    >money helped fund all that. Linux is disliked by some of the
    >corporates you talk of, because it doesn't add to their gravy
    >train, and in some cases reduces it due by stealing business
    >from them...
    >
    >You know the answer Roger, give up all your proprietary DRM
    >ridden Windows crap(tm), and move to linux... :)

    The chance of Woger shifting to Lunix ..... err....... Linux, would
    be like a planet Mars rover bumping into a hairy leg ..

    cheers
    BrianM
    BrianM, Jun 10, 2005
  5. big cat

    akiwi Guest

    OT: mars rovers

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:29:36 +1200, BrianM <>
    wrote:

    >>You know the answer Roger, give up all your proprietary DRM
    >>ridden Windows crap(tm), and move to linux... :)

    >The chance of Woger shifting to Lunix ..... err....... Linux, would
    >be like a planet Mars rover bumping into a hairy leg ..

    Hmm. Well at least Opportunity's now free after being stuck for five
    weeks. Cool.
    http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/newsroom/pressreleases/20050606a.html

    What does stuck "up to its rims" mean I wonder? I think it was buried
    up to its hubs.

    Just to remain on-topic ... I wonder how many computers it has and
    what sort they are ...

    akiwi
    akiwi, Jun 10, 2005
  6. big cat

    Tony Guest

    http://www.overclockers.com/tips00789/

    Tony, Jun 10, 2005
  7. big cat

    Tony Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:29:36 +1200, BrianM <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:10:01 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>big cat wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Seems that AMD will now be using it.

    >>Can you provide a link? A quick google can't find much...
    >>
    >>> Also is it the end on Lunix..?

    >>I doubt it. Are you feeling sorry for Lunix (sorry, Linux)
    >>Roger? Almost seems like it...
    >>
    >>> Plus all that music software that you paid fo, for your iPod that you can't
    >>> backup, and it needs a new Hard Drive.?
    >>>
    >>> And no more back ups of software..
    >>>
    >>> What a sick world it has become, due too the sick US mentality.

    >>They're not sick, just greedy! When they buy their golf-club
    >>memberships and $100 million super-yachts just remember YOUR
    >>money helped fund all that. Linux is disliked by some of the
    >>corporates you talk of, because it doesn't add to their gravy
    >>train, and in some cases reduces it due by stealing business
    >>from them...
    >>
    >>You know the answer Roger, give up all your proprietary DRM
    >>ridden Windows crap(tm), and move to linux... :)

    >The chance of Woger shifting to Lunix ..... err....... Linux, would
    >be like a planet Mars rover bumping into a hairy leg ..
    >
    >cheers
    >BrianM

    I don't have hairy legs..
    Tony, Jun 10, 2005
  8. big cat

    -=rjh=- Guest

    BrianM wrote:
    > The chance of Woger shifting to Lunix ..... err....... Linux, would
    > be like a planet Mars rover bumping into a hairy leg ..

    Roger might really *mean* Lunix, which is an OS for the Commodore 64 :)
    -=rjh=-, Jun 10, 2005
  9. big cat

    BrianM Guest

    Re: OT: mars rovers

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:54:17 +1200, akiwi <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:29:36 +1200, BrianM <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>>You know the answer Roger, give up all your proprietary DRM
    >>>ridden Windows crap(tm), and move to linux... :)

    >>The chance of Woger shifting to Lunix ..... err....... Linux, would
    >>be like a planet Mars rover bumping into a hairy leg ..

    >Hmm. Well at least Opportunity's now free after being stuck for five
    >weeks. Cool.
    >http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/newsroom/pressreleases/20050606a.html
    >
    >What does stuck "up to its rims" mean I wonder? I think it was buried
    >up to its hubs.
    >
    >Just to remain on-topic ... I wonder how many computers it has and
    >what sort they are ...
    >
    >akiwi

    Red Hat ?

    cheers
    BrianM
    BrianM, Jun 10, 2005
  10. big cat

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Re: OT: mars rovers

    BrianM wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:54:17 +1200, akiwi <> wrote:
    >>
    >>Just to remain on-topic ... I wonder how many computers it has and
    >>what sort they are ...
    >>
    >>akiwi

    > Red Hat ?

    IBM Power (Rad6000) running Wind RIver's VxWorks. (5.3.1)

    http://acmqueue.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=227

    Isn't VxWorks also used in many ADSL and wireless routers?
    -=rjh=-, Jun 10, 2005
  11. big cat

    akiwi Guest

    Re: OT: mars rovers

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:40:40 +1200, BrianM <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:54:17 +1200, akiwi <> wrote:

    >>>The chance of Woger shifting to Lunix ..... err....... Linux, would
    >>>be like a planet Mars rover bumping into a hairy leg ..

    >>Hmm. Well at least Opportunity's now free after being stuck for five
    >>weeks. Cool.
    >>http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/newsroom/pressreleases/20050606a.html
    >>
    >>What does stuck "up to its rims" mean I wonder? I think it was buried
    >>up to its hubs.
    >>
    >>Just to remain on-topic ... I wonder how many computers it has and
    >>what sort they are ...
    >>
    >>akiwi

    >Red Hat ?

    Red hat's a computer?

    Oh I get it. The red planet! Shouldn't Mercury be the red planet?

    akiwi
    akiwi, Jun 10, 2005
  12. big cat

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Re: OT: mars rovers

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > BrianM wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:54:17 +1200, akiwi <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Just to remain on-topic ... I wonder how many computers it has and
    >>> what sort they are ...
    >>>
    >>> akiwi

    >> Red Hat ?

    > IBM Power (Rad6000)

    But maybe they'll follow Apple and move to Intel :)

    But then again
    (http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2137687/intel-warns-small-chips-break)
    maybe not.

    If they are happy with their 20MHz processors, I'm sure they'll stick
    with them. I imagine they would be the most expensive processors on the
    planet ;-)
    -=rjh=-, Jun 10, 2005
  13. big cat

    akiwi Guest

    Re: OT: mars rovers

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:45:41 +1200, -=rjh=- <> wrote:

    >BrianM wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 13:54:17 +1200, akiwi <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Just to remain on-topic ... I wonder how many computers it has and
    >>>what sort they are ...
    >>>
    >>>akiwi

    >> Red Hat ?

    >IBM Power (Rad6000) running Wind RIver's VxWorks. (5.3.1)
    >
    >http://acmqueue.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=227
    >
    >Isn't VxWorks also used in many ADSL and wireless routers?

    I never heard of VxWorks before.

    Rad6000 - so that means rad (iation hardened). NASA has an
    experiment in orbit at the moment called GPB (Gravity probe B). Its
    computers regularly suffer SBE single bit errors and sometimes MBE
    multi bit errors that sometimes mean the computer has to be rebooted.

    akiwi
    akiwi, Jun 10, 2005
  14. Re: OT: mars rovers

    akiwi wrote:
    >>>Just to remain on-topic ... I wonder how many computers it has and
    >>>what sort they are ...

    >>Red Hat ?

    > Red hat's a computer?
    > Oh I get it. The red planet! Shouldn't Mercury be the red planet?

    nah, mercury is silver :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jun 10, 2005
  15. big cat

    AD. Guest

    Re: OT: mars rovers

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:33:29 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>>Red Hat ?

    >> Red hat's a computer?
    >> Oh I get it. The red planet! Shouldn't Mercury be the red planet?

    > nah, mercury is silver :)

    And action is gold

    (or something) :)

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Jun 10, 2005
  16. big cat

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Re: OT: mars rovers

    AD. wrote:

    >>>Red hat's a computer?
    >>>Oh I get it. The red planet! Shouldn't Mercury be the red planet?

    >>nah, mercury is silver :)

    > And action is gold
    >
    > (or something) :)

    Silence
    -=rjh=-, Jun 10, 2005
  17. Re: OT: mars rovers

    In article <>,
    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:

    >akiwi wrote:
    >> Oh I get it. The red planet! Shouldn't Mercury be the red planet?

    >nah, mercury is silver :)

    Mercury is a shiny metallic colour, not the same as silver. Silver has
    (to my eyes) a slight pinkish tint which I think makes it a very
    pleasant colour. I find it nicer to look at than gold.

    As for "red mercury", that's a supposedly-mythical super-explosive
    substance that I remember being written up in New Scientist many years
    ago. I think it could be used as a detonator for bombs or something.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 10, 2005
  18. big cat

    Legs Guest

    BrianM wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:10:01 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
    > <> wrote:

    > The chance of Woger shifting to Lunix ..... err....... Linux, would
    > be like a planet Mars rover bumping into a hairy leg ..

    Ummm .... !OUCH!

    Legs, Jun 10, 2005
  19. big cat

    BrianM Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:15:01 +1200, -=rjh=- wrote:

    > BrianM wrote:
    >> The chance of Woger shifting to Lunix ..... err....... Linux, would be
    >> like a planet Mars rover bumping into a hairy leg ..

    > Roger might really *mean* Lunix, which is an OS for the Commodore 64

    :)

    Yes that's very possible, but unlikely ....
    I've forgotten how old Commodore 64's are....
    BrianM, Jun 10, 2005
  20. Hi there,

    BrianM wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 11:10:01 +1000, Chris Wilkinson
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>big cat wrote:
    >>
    >>>Seems that AMD will now be using it.

    >>Can you provide a link? A quick google can't find much...
    >>

    >>>Also is it the end on Lunix..?

    >>I doubt it. Are you feeling sorry for Lunix (sorry, Linux)
    >>Roger? Almost seems like it...
    >>

    >>>Plus all that music software that you paid fo, for your iPod that you can't
    >>>backup, and it needs a new Hard Drive.?
    >>>
    >>>And no more back ups of software..
    >>>
    >>>What a sick world it has become, due too the sick US mentality.

    >>They're not sick, just greedy! When they buy their golf-club
    >>memberships and $100 million super-yachts just remember YOUR
    >>money helped fund all that. Linux is disliked by some of the
    >>corporates you talk of, because it doesn't add to their gravy
    >>train, and in some cases reduces it due by stealing business

    >>from them...

    >>You know the answer Roger, give up all your proprietary DRM
    >>ridden Windows crap(tm), and move to linux... :)

    > The chance of Woger shifting to Lunix ..... err....... Linux, would
    > be like a planet Mars rover bumping into a hairy leg ..

    But it did! A robotics tech accidentally entered the studio
    to adjust the rover, without realising the video feed was
    live!... :)

    Chris Wilkinson, Jun 10, 2005