    as im looking over the warranty card it is a canon latin american
    international warranty card does anyone know if they will honor it ?

    photographyguy
    picture taker, Mar 31, 2009

  2. picture taker

    SMS Guest

    Re: will canon usa honor a canon latin america warranty for a 5dmark II ?

    picture taker wrote:
    > i was on the phone for a while with a canon service rep seeking help
    > with my 5d mark II , the usb port isn't working .
    > we tryed every posible solution but to on avail he said my chances are
    > better than winning the lottery that my usb port was bad but it is .
    >
    > so made arangments to send it in for repair to repair center in NJ .
    > i told him i bought it @ boolchands in st marteen he asked if that was
    > part of the united states i thought it was said yes.
    > as im looking over the warranty card it is a canon latin american
    > international warranty card does anyone know if they will honor it ?

    Canon is usually very good about honoring the warranty on their products
    no matter where it was purchased. They aren't like Nikon U.S.A..
    SMS, Mar 31, 2009

  3. picture taker

    Hans Kruse Guest

    "SMS" <> wrote in message

    > Canon is usually very good about honoring the warranty on their products
    > no matter where it was purchased. They aren't like Nikon U.S.A..

    I don't agree! I just had a failure on my Canon 70-200 f/4L IS in the second
    year. I bought the lens in Germany where there is a two year warranty. The
    same is true in Denmark where I live. However the international warranty is
    only one year. I asked through the Canon service center in Denmark after
    they checked the lens if they would repair it under warranty. The answer was
    a clear NO. I then sent the lens to Germany and got it repaired under
    warranty. Even though this is inside the EU which is designed to avoid trade
    barriers etc. this policy is enforced by Canon. I find it rather strange,
    but of course udnerstandable that Canon Denmark do not want to cover the
    cost of a repair for a nother business unit which is Canon Germany. Canon
    Denmark also don't like that we buy Canon gear in Germany where it is
    usually cheaper than in Denmark. Notice that lenses have international
    warranty where digital camera bodies only have regional warranty. I don't
    know it North America and South America is the same region (although
    belonging to the Americas), but I would doubt it.

    --
    Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
    Hans Kruse www.hanskrusephotography.com, www.hanskruse.com
    Hans Kruse, Apr 7, 2009