    of January. Thanks.

    --
    Fred Berry
    Fred Berry, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Fred Berry

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi..

    Fred Berry wrote:
    > With recent new product announcements at CES should we expect manufacturers
    > to lower prices, offer rebates, etc, soon for current models? I am in the
    > market for a 2-3MP camera and will wait if lower prices expected before end
    > of January. Thanks.

    With *anything* electronic the steadfast rule is:

    "Hurry up and buy it before the price goes down!!!"

    Take care.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Fred Berry

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Fred Berry wrote:

    > With recent new product announcements at CES should we expect manufacturers
    > to lower prices, offer rebates, etc, soon for current models? I am in the
    > market for a 2-3MP camera and will wait if lower prices expected before end
    > of January. Thanks.

    Yes, it's a buyer's market. With fast development, new models several
    times a year, and spirited competition, good deals are all around. The
    camera I paid $299 for was released a year before at $799, and a better
    one can now be had for under $200. You might have to wait until March,
    though.
    Ron Hunter, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Fred Berry

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    And even if the price does not go down, the new cameras will have more
    everything for the same price.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Fred Berry

    mark herring Guest

    No matter when you buy anything hi-tech, you can be assured that one or both
    witll happen within 2 months:
    The price goes down
    Something better is released

    Define a need (or strong desire), and buy the minute the market hits your
    criteria. and dont feel badly that you could have done better by waiting

    --
    Mark Herring

    *

    mark herring, Jan 13, 2004