    haven't bought yet.

    Thanks, Carol R

    , Feb 24, 2005

  2. Mark² Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I would like to get a digital projector to play photo slideshows. I
    > have created these slideshows with a DVD slideshow software that gives
    > me lots of cool transitions and music. I can play the DVD on my PC on
    > Windows media player full screen.
    >
    > Can I play this DVD on my laptop and wired into the projector so that
    > the show will project on a screen for a group presentation?
    >
    > Or do I need to buy a software program, like Powerpoint. I would
    > rather use the software I have, if I can use it with the projector I
    > haven't bought yet.
    >
    > Thanks, Carol R

    You absolutely can play this on your projector.
    Anything a regular external monitor can play via your laptop can be played on your
    projector. You should identify what resolution is considered your projector's "native"
    resolution (most likely 1024x768 or perhaps 800x600), and set your laptop's output
    resolution to that setting for optimal results.

    I have used this to great effect with my own projector/laptop set-up.
    -Mark²

    Mark², Feb 24, 2005

  3. Darrell Guest

    > <> wrote in message
    > >I would like to get a digital projector to play photo slideshows. I
    > > have created these slideshows with a DVD slideshow software that gives
    > > me lots of cool transitions and music. I can play the DVD on my PC on
    > > Windows media player full screen.
    > >
    > > Can I play this DVD on my laptop and wired into the projector so that
    > > the show will project on a screen for a group presentation?
    > >
    > > Or do I need to buy a software program, like Powerpoint. I would
    > > rather use the software I have, if I can use it with the projector I
    > > haven't bought yet.
    > >
    > > Thanks, Carol R

    > You absolutely can play this on your projector.
    > Anything a regular external monitor can play via your laptop can be played

    on your
    > projector. You should identify what resolution is considered your

    projector's "native"
    > resolution (most likely 1024x768 or perhaps 800x600), and set your

    laptop's output
    > resolution to that setting for optimal results.
    >
    > I have used this to great effect with my own projector/laptop set-up.
    > -Mark²

    I prefer an application like Pictures2exe http://www.wnsoft.com as the
    slide show becomes a self contained program, that doesn't need an
    application like Power Point to run. It does a simple lap dissolve like a
    two projector show, or you can use other effects. It's easy to synch to
    music. Overall $24 usd well spent.

    Darrell, Feb 24, 2005
  4. RSD99 Guest

    PowerPoint ... ? ? ?

    WHY PowerPoint ... ? ? ?

    ALL Micro$cum programs do nasty things to image files.

    RSD99, Feb 24, 2005
  5. Guest

    Dear Carol

    You can try Slide Show Pilot for creation of slideshows. Here
    http://colorpilot.com/slideshow.html are some examples of how you can
    create a slideshow, add music/sound to slideshow, play slideshow on a
    home DVD player and others.
    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

    Best regards,

    Olga Panchenko
    Two Pilots
    http://www.colorpilot.com

    , Feb 24, 2005
  6. Guest

    Why not trying photo2dvd software? It has a very nice slideshow funtion
    build in with music. Do a search in help for "photo to dvd". Should
    explain it nicely.

    , Feb 25, 2005
  7. Bubbabob Guest

    wrote:

    > I would like to get a digital projector to play photo slideshows. I
    > have created these slideshows with a DVD slideshow software that gives
    > me lots of cool transitions and music. I can play the DVD on my PC on
    > Windows media player full screen.
    >
    > Can I play this DVD on my laptop and wired into the projector so that
    > the show will project on a screen for a group presentation?
    >
    > Or do I need to buy a software program, like Powerpoint. I would
    > rather use the software I have, if I can use it with the projector I
    > haven't bought yet.
    >
    > Thanks, Carol R

    Keep in mind that unless you're feeding the projector from Photoshop,
    you'll need to convert all of your images to sRGB color space.

    Bubbabob, Feb 26, 2005
  8. Mark² Guest

    "Bubbabob" <rnorton@_remove_this_thuntek.net> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to get a digital projector to play photo slideshows. I
    >> have created these slideshows with a DVD slideshow software that gives
    >> me lots of cool transitions and music. I can play the DVD on my PC on
    >> Windows media player full screen.
    >>
    >> Can I play this DVD on my laptop and wired into the projector so that
    >> the show will project on a screen for a group presentation?
    >>
    >> Or do I need to buy a software program, like Powerpoint. I would
    >> rather use the software I have, if I can use it with the projector I
    >> haven't bought yet.
    >>
    >> Thanks, Carol R
    >>

    > Keep in mind that unless you're feeding the projector from Photoshop,
    > you'll need to convert all of your images to sRGB color space.

    What on earth are you talking about??
    She doesn't need to do that at all.
    Any image that looks OK on her computer monitor is going to look similarly fine on a
    projector...unless there's something seriously malfunctioning on the projector.

    Mark², Feb 26, 2005