    8(

    regards

    Martin

    Martin Bilgrav, Sep 5, 2005

  2. In article <431c5fe2$0$10505$>,
    "Martin Bilgrav" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have this task:
    >
    > limit access via ACL to the following:
    >
    > allow only hosts on 10.xxx.1.1 to .5 and 192.168.xxx.61 to .65
    > xxx = what ever network in this octet
    >
    > how can this be done with wildcards or any other smarter way ?

    permit 10.0.1.1 0.255.0.0
    permit 10.0.1.2 0.255.0.1
    permit 10.0.1.4 0.255.0.1
    permit 192.168.0.61 0.0.255.0
    permit 192.168.0.62 0.0.255.1
    permit 192.168.0.64 0.0.255.1

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Sep 5, 2005

  3. "Barry Margolin" <> wrote in message news:barmar-
    > permit 10.0.1.1 0.255.0.0
    > permit 10.0.1.2 0.255.0.1
    > permit 10.0.1.4 0.255.0.1
    > permit 192.168.0.61 0.0.255.0
    > permit 192.168.0.62 0.0.255.1
    > permit 192.168.0.64 0.0.255.1
    >
    > --
    > Barry Margolin,

    Hi Barry and thank you for your reply.

    Exactly this I have allready tried, but it doesnt work.
    Maybe I should have stated that this is for use with Cisco ACS for windows
    and the formerly know as feature, downloadable PIX ACL, now called USer
    downloadable ACL, and it is destined for a VPN3030 ver 4.7.

    I get the message, that the vpn will not install the mask 0.255.0.1 or any
    other mask that are not consistent of a row of "1" bits.
    I am not sure if this is related to the VPN3030 or ingeneral also for IOS
    device.

    If I type in the ACL on a IOS router it will "eat" the lines.

    Any other ideas ?

    regards,
    Martin

    Martin Bilgrav, Sep 5, 2005