    such file. what is the correct syntax to copy entire directory including
    contents.Files to numerous to copy individually.

    Thanks
    Mark St Laurent, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Mark St Laurent

    Ben Guest

    I don't think using a regular expression is supported for the copy command.
    See my attempts below

    More info on cisco regexp at:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_conf
    iguration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca7e6.html

    7206#copy flash:* tftp:
    Address or name of remote host []? 10.1.1.10
    Destination filename [*]?
    %Error opening flash:* (No such file or directory)

    "Mark St Laurent" <stormrunner'_removethis'@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > I would like to upgrade my catalyst 2950c switches but before I do I have
    > backed up IOS software and files except those in HTML directory I have

    tried

    Ben, Oct 19, 2004

  3. I don't think so either based on my and your attempts but surely there has
    to be a way of even possably dumping the entire contents of flash to tftp.
    There are nearly 100 files in this directory.

    Mark St Laurent, Oct 19, 2004
  4. In article <KNddd.7762$>,
    Mark St Laurent <stormrunner'_removethis'@comcast.net> wrote:
    :I don't think so either based on my and your attempts but surely there has
    :to be a way of even possably dumping the entire contents of flash to tftp.
    :There are nearly 100 files in this directory.

    snmpwalk to get the list of files, loop over them and for each
    trigger an copy by setting the appropriate snmp OIDs.

    Or cut and paste a directory listing, trim whatever is necessary
    to get one per line, and loop over them using expect to talk to
    the device and send the copy commands. Or even just put all
    the commands into a file and paste that file into a terminal
    emulator talking to the device [this risks overrunning the buffer.]
    --
    Preposterous!! Where would all the calculators go?!
    Walter Roberson, Oct 19, 2004
  5. Mark St Laurent

    Ben Guest

    I have an expect script I use for this sort of thing. Unix usually provides
    a solution if IOS doesn't :)

    news:cl3s1v$e3$...> In article
    <KNddd.7762$>,

    Ben, Oct 20, 2004