    --
    - James Rudoy
    , Aug 28, 2008

  2. Pavel A. Guest

    Re: WiFi USB Adapter Fails to Connect AirPort Express to DeskTopXP

    wrote:
    > When I upgraded my model of AirPort Express WiFi router, my USB wifi
    > adapter stopped making a connection to my XP desktop. What need I do to
    > troubleshoot this and restore my wifi connectivity, please?

    The short answer is, you may want to call a professional service
    that deals with wi-fi installation.

    A longer answer - you need to read a lot of web pages an other
    more or less useful sources, invest your time, maybe
    get a wireless sniffer and RF tools, search and update drivers
    and router firmware, etc - and then call a service again.

    Or, shop for another USB adapter that is known to work well with the
    Airport...

    --PA
    Pavel A., Aug 28, 2008

  3. Hi
    The new AP might be configured unlike the old one.
    If the new AP is configured differently the Wireless card has to be
    reconfigured accordingly. Read the AP manual and start configure from
    scratch as though it is new Installation.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 29, 2008
  4. Guest

    The first installation was plug and play. I loaded the driver, plugged the
    appliance into the USB port and it immediately began to deliver
    connectivity with no input or effort from me.

    Since it stopped, I cannot get it to exchange data, even with extensive
    tech support from the appliance vendor. The AP is also plug and play as far
    as I can tell. There is no way I have encountered to alter the AP. It is
    labeled as compatible with the various wifi 802.11 variants.

    - James, disappointed user

    "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)." <> wrote:
    > Hi
    > The new AP might be configured unlike the old one.
    > If the new AP is configured differently the Wireless card has to be
    > reconfigured accordingly. Read the AP manual and start configure from
    > scratch as though it is new Installation.
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > When I upgraded my model of AirPort Express WiFi router, my USB wifi
    > > adapter stopped making a connection to my XP desktop. What need I do to
    > > troubleshoot this and restore my wifi connectivity, please?
    > >
    > > --
    > > - James Rudoy
    , Sep 10, 2008