    Thanks for any suggestions.

    --
    Peter Aitken
    Peter A, Jun 27, 2008

  2. Peter A

    iPC Guest

    I use 2 routers and 14 Belkin Wireless Universal Repeaters to cover a
    25-plus acre RV park. The repeaters run around $40 each. Mostly they help to
    get the weak individual computer signal to the routers. Wifi is two-way
    radio.

    iPC, Jun 27, 2008

  3. Hi
    There are few methods to extent range. The suitable one depends on the
    nature of the environment.
    The Following is a compilation of the most common methods.
    The best way is to lay few CAT6 cables to central locations in the house,
    install Access Points, or Cable/DSL Routers configured as an Access Points
    ( Using a Wireless Cable/DSL Router as a Switch with an Access Point ), and
    connect them to the Main Router.

    You do not want/can not/hate/your client hate to lay Cables.

    Buy a Pair of Wireless Routers that can do WDS (Zexel, SMC, Belkin have
    models that do WDS as is out of the Box.

    Linksys WRT54GL can do WDS when flashed with DD-WRT firmware.

    Using a Laptop loaded with Netstumbler, do a Wireless survey in the house,
    http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

    According to the Netstumbler's signal strength reading, identify spots that
    have strong signal. and spot with weak, or No signal.

    Evaluate how you can cover the space and start placing WDS units.

    Additional Wireless Routers in WDS Mode (Wireless Network - Configuration
    Modes. ) has to be placed in spots were the signal is good about Half way to
    the dead spots.

    How many WDS units are needed? It depends on your specific environment (that
    is a good the reason to buying WDS units one at the time, try it, and decide
    on the Next step).

    Otherwise.

    Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Wireless Modes - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html