Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29ueA==?=, Oct 2, 2005.

  1. this is more of a complaint regarding HP (maybe others) and microsoft live
    update (i couldnt find the button on the live update site, so they might fix
    the problem)
    this may happen on other laptops/pc's ?
    the hp zd8000 laptops come with built in wifi, (broadcom) and by default
    when the drivers load (this has to be changed manually then its fine), the
    default to a US type region (atigua and barbuda) this would be fine, but for
    the fact i live in nz where we can use the extra channels. when i ran live
    update the driver was updateded and defaulted back to atigua.

    now to my point, sicne my wifi AP is set to use channel 11, which is not in
    teh atugua 1-10 range i pick up no wifi @ all, until i manually change the
    region to NZ.

    im just greatful i can work it out myself, i dont know how non computer ppk
    would, as a side note i pointed this out to hp when i brought the laptop,
    there solution was that i sould reinstall the drivers. (i wasnt asking for a
    dumb solution, i was offering one, read the support request HP)

    so i suggest that part of the cert for live update be that the default
    region in wifi driver be set to a country that has 1-12 enabled, some might
    say HEY we cant use 1-12(the fcc SAYS NO), but its your wifi AP that
    determines which channel you will us, o i can tsee any problem.

    i would have posted on the live update feed back web page, but there is no
    such page.
    =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29ueA==?=, Oct 2, 2005

  2. ops so

    it was this live update, that i installed recently, that inspired me to post
    here
    Broadcom Corporation - Networking - Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
    Broadcom network software update released on July 21 2005.

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29ueA==?=, Oct 2, 2005