    Can anyone tell me what kit I would need for this?

    Many thanks
    Ant

    antony, Mar 25, 2005

  2. antony

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    This page might help it talks about DialUp but it might be the same.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.
    mspx?pf=trueHi

    However going this way might result in a system that is Not very stable, and
    always trouble when you want to change or use new hardware.

    I would get rid of the Internal DSL Modem and get an External Ethernet DSL
    Modem, and then do the Wireless and Networking as most system do
    (http://www.ezlan.net/~network/router.jpg).

    This page has some info about DSL connections:
    http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html

    External modem - http://www.dslmodemsdirect.com/ModemModels/5515.htm

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "antony" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I'd like to install a wireless network in my house. I have a machine with

    an
    > internal DSL modem that I want to use as the wifi internet "server." I

    have

    Jack, Mar 25, 2005

  3. antony

    antony Guest

    Thanks Jack

    I also have the option of using an external cable modem but this is
    connected to the computer via USB as the network connector is faulty. Does
    this have to be connected directly to any wifi device or can they both
    connect independantly to the computer?

    antony, Mar 25, 2005
  4. antony

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Unfortunately both Internal and USB DSL modems can not use straight the
    Wireless Cable/DSL Routers that are available to consumers.

    All of these Routers need Ethernet input in the WAN side.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Mar 25, 2005