    Could this be why I have had a BSOD a couple of time recently?

    Thanks for your help,

    Noel

    Noel S Pamfree, Mar 12, 2009

  2. Noel S Pamfree

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    You better off disabling the Wireless connection.
    Or at least configure the Metrics to prefer the Wire connection.
    http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Mar 12, 2009

  3. Noel S Pamfree

    John Guest

    >I have had my desktop and laptop running on a home wifi network for some
    >time without any problems until recently. However I think the wifi card in
    >the desktop PC is faulty.

    Is there any reason to keep faulty NIC?

    > To overcome the problem I hard-wired the desktop into the router and the
    > laptop continues to use the wifi OK.
    >
    > Here is my question: Do I have to disable the wifi connection on the
    > Desktop somehow?

    Once again, why leave a faulty NIC installed?

    John, Mar 12, 2009
  4. Noel S Pamfree

    John Guest

    "Jack-MVP" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > You better off disabling the Wireless connection.
    > Or at least configure the Metrics to prefer the Wire connection.

    Strange approach. I'd remove and trash it if it's faulty.

    John, Mar 12, 2009