    dropped off considerably.

    Just changed back to a std incan lamp in the office and the WiFi has
    gone back to normal.

    collector«NZ, Aug 11, 2007

  2. collector«NZ

    EMB Guest

    collector«NZ wrote:
    > I use a Wifi to connect the laptop in the lounge to the network in my
    > back room office.
    >
    > Recently the main light in the office expired, so the misus replaced it
    > with one of these energy lamps, and yep you guessed it my wifisignal
    > dropped off considerably.
    >
    > Just changed back to a std incan lamp in the office and the WiFi has
    > gone back to normal.

    Ahhhh - that explains my wifi signal dropping in the evenings when the
    CFL outside lights are on.

    EMB, Aug 11, 2007

  3. collector«NZ

    Gib Bogle Guest

    collector«NZ wrote:
    > I use a Wifi to connect the laptop in the lounge to the network in my
    > back room office.
    >
    > Recently the main light in the office expired, so the misus replaced it
    > with one of these energy lamps, and yep you guessed it my wifisignal
    > dropped off considerably.
    >
    > Just changed back to a std incan lamp in the office and the WiFi has
    > gone back to normal.

    What is an "energy lamp", one that uses energy?

    Gib Bogle, Aug 13, 2007
  4. collector«NZ

    Kent Smith Guest

    Gib Bogle wrote:
    > collector«NZ wrote:
    >> I use a Wifi to connect the laptop in the lounge to the network in my
    >> back room office.
    >>
    >> Recently the main light in the office expired, so the misus replaced
    >> it with one of these energy lamps, and yep you guessed it my
    >> wifisignal dropped off considerably.
    >>
    >> Just changed back to a std incan lamp in the office and the WiFi has
    >> gone back to normal.

    > What is an "energy lamp", one that uses energy?

    Mr literal, do you also think "incan lamps" come in a can? :)

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Aug 13, 2007
  5. In message <f9qkii$2ptf$>, Kent Smith wrote:

    > Gib Bogle wrote:
    >> collector«NZ wrote:
    >>> I use a Wifi to connect the laptop in the lounge to the network in my
    >>> back room office.
    >>>
    >>> Recently the main light in the office expired, so the misus replaced
    >>> it with one of these energy lamps, and yep you guessed it my
    >>> wifisignal dropped off considerably.
    >>>
    >>> Just changed back to a std incan lamp in the office and the WiFi has
    >>> gone back to normal.

    >> What is an "energy lamp", one that uses energy?

    > Mr literal, do you also think "incan lamps" come in a can? :)

    I though they came from the Incas, but that's just me. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Aug 14, 2007
  6. collector«NZ

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Kent Smith wrote:
    > Gib Bogle wrote:
    >
    >>collector«NZ wrote:
    >>
    >>>I use a Wifi to connect the laptop in the lounge to the network in my
    >>>back room office.
    >>>
    >>>Recently the main light in the office expired, so the misus replaced
    >>>it with one of these energy lamps, and yep you guessed it my
    >>>wifisignal dropped off considerably.
    >>>
    >>>Just changed back to a std incan lamp in the office and the WiFi has
    >>>gone back to normal.

    >>What is an "energy lamp", one that uses energy?

    > Mr literal, do you also think "incan lamps" come in a can? :)

    :) I can guess that "ican" is short for "incandescent", but I can't see
    that "energy" is short for anything.

    Gib Bogle, Aug 14, 2007
  7. Gib Bogle wrote:
    > Kent Smith wrote:
    >> Gib Bogle wrote:

    >>> What is an "energy lamp", one that uses energy?

    >> Mr literal, do you also think "incan lamps" come in a can? :)

    > :) I can guess that "ican" is short for "incandescent", but I can't see
    > that "energy" is short for anything.

    There has to be some rule somewhere that says "Every NNTP Group must
    have a pedant poster"

    collector«NZ, Aug 14, 2007
  8. collector«NZ

    Shane Guest

    collector«NZ wrote:

    > Gib Bogle wrote:
    >> Kent Smith wrote:

    >>> Mr literal, do you also think "incan lamps" come in a can? :)

    >> :) I can guess that "ican" is short for "incandescent", but I can't see
    >> that "energy" is short for anything.

    > There has to be some rule somewhere that says "Every NNTP Group must
    > have a pedant poster"

    Just one?????
    --
    A physicist, a mathematician and a computer scientist discuss what is
    better: a wife or a girlfriend.

    Shane, Aug 14, 2007
  9. collector«NZ

    Gib Bogle Guest

    collector«NZ wrote:
    > Gib Bogle wrote:
    >> Kent Smith wrote:

    >>> Mr literal, do you also think "incan lamps" come in a can? :)

    >> :) I can guess that "ican" is short for "incandescent", but I can't
    >> see that "energy" is short for anything.

    > There has to be some rule somewhere that says "Every NNTP Group must
    > have a pedant poster"

    OK, but please tell me what an energy lamp is.

    Gib Bogle, Aug 14, 2007
  10. collector«NZ

    Kent Smith Guest

    Gib Bogle wrote:
    > collector«NZ wrote:
    >> Gib Bogle wrote:

    >>> :) I can guess that "ican" is short for "incandescent", but I can't
    >>> see that "energy" is short for anything.

    >> There has to be some rule somewhere that says "Every NNTP Group must
    >> have a pedant poster"

    > OK, but please tell me what an energy lamp is.

    In the context of the post anyone with half a brain can work out he meant
    "energy saving" lamp. You know , those things the greenies love that are
    filled with mercury. :)

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Aug 15, 2007
  11. collector«NZ

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Kent Smith wrote:
    > Gib Bogle wrote:
    >
    >>collector«NZ wrote:

    >>>There has to be some rule somewhere that says "Every NNTP Group must
    >>>have a pedant poster"

    >>OK, but please tell me what an energy lamp is.

    > In the context of the post anyone with half a brain can work out he meant
    > "energy saving" lamp. You know , those things the greenies love that are
    > filled with mercury. :)

    You mean a fluorescent lamp? There are now LED lamps that are more
    efficient, I believe.

    Gib Bogle, Aug 15, 2007
  12. collector«NZ

    Kent Smith Guest

    Gib Bogle wrote:
    > Kent Smith wrote:
    >> Gib Bogle wrote:

    >>> OK, but please tell me what an energy lamp is.

    >> In the context of the post anyone with half a brain can work out he
    >> meant "energy saving" lamp. You know , those things the greenies
    >> love that are filled with mercury. :)

    > You mean a fluorescent lamp? There are now LED lamps that are more
    > efficient, I believe.

    Go into a supermarket and ask for an energy saving lamp for your office,
    they will lead you to a wall of LED replacement globes.

    Seriously, the largest LED replacement globe I have seen is equivalent light
    output of about a 20W incandescent globe and cost an arm or a leg. i.e they
    aren't quite there yet - ok for accent lighting perhaps.

    Aren't 'fluorescent lamps' those long tubular flicky things? Or are you
    implying a CFL? :)

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Aug 15, 2007
  13. Gib Bogle wrote:
    > Kent Smith wrote:
    >> Gib Bogle wrote:

    >>> OK, but please tell me what an energy lamp is.

    >> In the context of the post anyone with half a brain can work out he
    >> meant "energy saving" lamp. You know , those things the greenies love
    >> that are filled with mercury. :)

    > You mean a fluorescent lamp? There are now LED lamps that are more
    > efficient, I believe.

    Nomination for resident pedant goes to Gib Bogle

    collector«NZ, Aug 16, 2007
  14. Kent Smith wrote:
    > Gib Bogle wrote:
    >> Kent Smith wrote:

    >>> In the context of the post anyone with half a brain can work out he
    >>> meant "energy saving" lamp. You know , those things the greenies
    >>> love that are filled with mercury. :)

    >> You mean a fluorescent lamp? There are now LED lamps that are more
    >> efficient, I believe.

    > Go into a supermarket and ask for an energy saving lamp for your office,
    > they will lead you to a wall of LED replacement globes.

    They will lead you to a wall of compact fluo lamps commonly called and
    promted as energy saving lamps.

    collector«NZ, Aug 16, 2007