    trying to correct the problem. it works ok with modem, what basic settings
    do I need . how can I tell if my laptop is sending out the signals? ps as
    you can tell I don't know much about wifi.
    therebel, Dec 26, 2004

  2. therebel

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "therebel" <> wrote in
    news:_sHzd.155$:

    > had my laptop repaired recently. since I got it back I cannot get wifi
    > internet connection. I have given up with the repair company after 5
    > months trying to correct the problem. it works ok with modem, what
    > basic settings do I need . how can I tell if my laptop is sending out
    > the signals? ps as you can tell I don't know much about wifi.

    You can use one of the free packet siffers to see if packekts are levaing
    the machine. What IP is the machine getting when you use the wireless card?

    http://tinyurl.com/589nh

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Dec 26, 2004

  3. therebel

    therebel Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > "therebel" <> wrote in
    >
    > > had my laptop repaired recently. since I got it back I cannot get wifi
    > > internet connection. I have given up with the repair company after 5
    > > months trying to correct the problem. it works ok with modem, what
    > > basic settings do I need . how can I tell if my laptop is sending out
    > > the signals? ps as you can tell I don't know much about wifi.
    > >

    > You can use one of the free packet siffers to see if packekts are levaing
    > the machine. What IP is the machine getting when you use the wireless

    card?

    > http://tinyurl.com/589nh
    >
    > Duane :) sorry, meant to reply to group. how do I find out what ip the

    machine is getting?
    therebel, Dec 26, 2004
  4. therebel

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "therebel" <> wrote in

    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >> "therebel" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > had my laptop repaired recently. since I got it back I cannot get
    >> > wifi internet connection. I have given up with the repair company
    >> > after 5 months trying to correct the problem. it works ok with
    >> > modem, what basic settings do I need . how can I tell if my laptop
    >> > is sending out the signals? ps as you can tell I don't know much
    >> > about wifi.
    >> >

    >> You can use one of the free packet siffers to see if packekts are
    >> levaing the machine. What IP is the machine getting when you use the
    >> wireless

    > card?
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/589nh
    >>
    >> Duane :) sorry, meant to reply to group. how do I find out what ip
    >> the

    > machine is getting?

    You can go to the Command Prompt by entering CMD in the Start Button/Run
    Box and press the Enter-key. That will take you to the DOS Command line
    where you type IPconfig /all and it will tell you the IP the machine's NIC
    is using and other stuff like the MAC on the NIC.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Dec 27, 2004