  1. My 3Com access point allows selection of channels 1 to 13, yet PC adapter
    will only respond on 1 to 11?
    Are 12 & 13 legal in these islands?

    ShuckItAnShee, Mar 20, 2006

  2. ShuckItAnShee

    cyril Guest

    NZ allocates 2.4-2.4835GHz for this operation. This would allow
    channels 1-13.

    Only Japan is allow Channel 14 which is centered on 2.484GHz.

    The FCC only allows Ch 1-11 in the US, hence probably why your card has
    a limitation.

    Cyril

    cyril, Mar 20, 2006

  3. ShuckItAnShee wrote:
    > My 3Com access point allows selection of channels 1 to 13, yet PC adapter
    > will only respond on 1 to 11?
    > Are 12 & 13 legal in these islands?

    Just a small comment which may help you and others around you

    OKay while ch 1-11 are available it dosnt mean you shuold choose just any channel!

    The accepted norm to prevent overlap interference is to only use ch 1, 6 and 11.

    If you choose a ch like 9 you may well prevent others around you from using 6
    or 11 and 1 may be in use by someone else.

    Now there are circumstances in more advanced situations where different
    polorisation and directional antennas are used where this varies, but for
    general omni directional antenna access points it is a good rule.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Mar 20, 2006
  4. ShuckItAnShee

    Kent Smith Guest

    "ShuckItAnShee" <> wrote in message
    > My 3Com access point allows selection of channels 1 to 13, yet PC adapter
    > will only respond on 1 to 11?
    > Are 12 & 13 legal in these islands?

    Most cards should have an alternate firmware available for the extra
    channels. Choose the Aussie one if there's no NZ.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Mar 21, 2006