    will run ad-hoc mode and infrastructure simultaneously. Is that possible?

    Thanks,

    Eric

    Eric, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Re: ad-hoc and infrastructure mode simultaneously?

    Eric,

    Sorry but this is not possible, the client device is only configurable for
    one operation mode (IBSS or Infrastructure) at a time

    -David Harding

    David Harding [MSFT], Aug 10, 2004

  3. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Re: ad-hoc and infrastructure mode simultaneously?

    hi david,

    Is it possible to config (or with my own code) a PC's WiFi adapter to an
    access point?

    Eric

    "David Harding [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Eric,
    >
    > Sorry but this is not possible, the client device is only configurable for
    > one operation mode (IBSS or Infrastructure) at a time
    >
    > -David Harding

    rights.

    Eric, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Re: ad-hoc and infrastructure mode simultaneously?

    Yes you can programmatically configure the device you can try using the
    WRAPI library, I have provided a link below. I have not used it myself so
    don't have any detailed information.

    http://ramp.ucsd.edu/pawn/wrapi/

    --
    David Harding

    David Harding [MSFT], Aug 10, 2004
  5. Re: ad-hoc and infrastructure mode simultaneously?

    Yes it is possible by setting the corresponding OID.
    REgards
    TArun

    --
    Regards
    Tarundeep Singh Kalra

    www_dot_tarunsadhana_dot_com.

    tarun_at_removeAT_tarunsadhana_dot_com.remove_dots

    Tarundeep Singh Kalra, Aug 19, 2004
  6. Eric

    Eric Yun Guest

    Re: ad-hoc and infrastructure mode simultaneously?

    hi TArun,

    Do you have idea how to do it? or which OID should I set?

    Thank you TArun,

    Eric

    Eric Yun, Aug 19, 2004
  7. Eric

    Guest Guest

    Re: ad-hoc and infrastructure mode simultaneously?

    If wzc is running you won't succeed (for long) using an oid.
    The app in the sig does it, so it is possible, at least
    switching APs, and having it stick. Here's a pic:

    http://iplay.40th.com/iplaycs_rssi.html

    Bottom, center pic shows an adhoc (mp3) and a couple
    of AP networks (juniper/basil). I can switch among
    the APs no problem, so long as wzc is set to access
    "All available" or "Only access points". If it's set
    to "Only [adhoc]" then I could switch among only those.
    I can't switch out of the network type, though. Also,
    "All available" isn't true -- it only ever does APs
    in that mode. To get adhocs to show you have to set
    it to "Only [adhoc]".

    I'd like to tell you that it's easy to do, but it
    probably isn't. It probably should be, but these
    APIs are poorly, if at all, documented, and maybe
    destined to be abandoned anyway, to be replaced
    by an even more obscure, for-gurus-only API. I
    wonder who thinks up these things that no one could
    ever understand fully. He probably has two heads
    and sees in the dark.

    (Obligatory good luck!)

    --
    40th Floor - Software @ http://40th.com/
    iPlay : the ultimate audio player for iPAQs

    Guest, Aug 19, 2004
  8. Eric

    Eric Yun Guest

    Re: ad-hoc and infrastructure mode simultaneously?

    This link does not work...

    Eric Yun, Aug 23, 2004