    this is a real pain.. because the previous user must shutdown
    all applications etc to logout.

    ideas ?

    bob, Dec 6, 2005

  2. bob

    SteveM Guest

    "bob" <> wrote in
    news:Wvelf.6110$:

    > Hope someone can help. We have an XP notebook with WiFi..
    > Everything works perfectly. The notebook has multiple users setup..
    > the only problem is that the last user must properly logout
    > and the new user login for the Wifi to work for the new user.
    > ie; we can't just use the "Switch User" feature of XP. If we
    > do WiFi doesn't work for the "Switched" user. the original
    > user seems to hog the WiFi connection and its not available
    > for any concurrent users.
    >
    > this is a real pain.. because the previous user must shutdown
    > all applications etc to logout.
    >
    > ideas ?

    Maybe, just maybe, if the Wifi card currently uses it's own config software
    (supplied by the manufacturer) then maybe setting the laptop to use the
    default windows wireless applet instead may help...........?

    SteveM

    SteveM, Dec 6, 2005

  3. bob

    smf Guest

    SteveM wrote:
    > "bob" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hope someone can help. We have an XP notebook with WiFi..
    >> Everything works perfectly. The notebook has multiple users setup..
    >> the only problem is that the last user must properly logout
    >> and the new user login for the Wifi to work for the new user.
    >> ie; we can't just use the "Switch User" feature of XP. If we
    >> do WiFi doesn't work for the "Switched" user. the original
    >> user seems to hog the WiFi connection and its not available
    >> for any concurrent users.
    >>
    >> this is a real pain.. because the previous user must shutdown
    >> all applications etc to logout.
    >>
    >> ideas ?
    >>

    > Maybe, just maybe, if the Wifi card currently uses it's own config software
    > (supplied by the manufacturer) then maybe setting the laptop to use the
    > default windows wireless applet instead may help...........?
    >
    > SteveM

    works on my toshi with xp ..... switch user switches wireless connection
    too...
    I have found some of the 3rd party software dodgy as hell ... the
    windows applet deals with changes pretty smoothly
    My toshi originally had config manager and the only good thing about
    that was the sonar like screensaver that shows wireless network in the
    vicinity. Otherwise it made me twitch with all the pop-ups.
    The other option instead of logging completely out of the machine, try
    repairing the wireless link. It should close and re-open a link for you.

    Sue

    smf, Dec 6, 2005
  4. bob

    bob Guest

    Re: WiFi access on XP - one user at a time. - SOLVED

    Thanks.. killing the Intel WiFi Manager fixed the problem.
    It just uses the default XP WiFi.. now it works for
    all logins.. thanks.

    bob, Dec 7, 2005