Wierd problem, Please help.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Grytpype-Thynne, Nov 9, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I have encountered a weird problem today, I have two domains pointing to
    the same site www.animals-in-distress.net and www.animals-in-
    distress.org.uk the problem is that when I try to access the .net domain
    I get an error that whatever page I ask for does not exist but if I use
    the .org.uk domain I can browse the site no problem.
    I have asked some people to check and all can reach both domains also I
    can reach both domains on my wife's PC which is networked with mine, so
    it would appear the problem is with my PC. I have cleared all the cache,
    temp internet files and history and done a reboot and a complete power
    down and start but the problem still exists.

    I have removed the firewall and AV programs but no change.
    Has anyone any idea what I can try next before I go bald through pulling
    out my hair.

    By the way if you should try the sites beware of the popups (requested by
    the sanctuary management for raising much needed cash)

    Thanks for any help

    Warmbells

    Grytpype-Thynne, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Grytpype-Thynne

    trout Guest

    Grytpype-Thynne wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have encountered a weird problem today, I have two domains pointing
    > to the same site www.animals-in-distress.net and www.animals-in-
    > distress.org.uk the problem is that when I try to access the .net
    > domain I get an error that whatever page I ask for does not exist but
    > if I use the .org.uk domain I can browse the site no problem.
    > I have asked some people to check and all can reach both domains also
    > I can reach both domains on my wife's PC which is networked with
    > mine, so it would appear the problem is with my PC. I have cleared
    > all the cache, temp internet files and history and done a reboot and
    > a complete power down and start but the problem still exists.
    >
    > I have removed the firewall and AV programs but no change.
    > Has anyone any idea what I can try next before I go bald through
    > pulling out my hair.
    >
    > By the way if you should try the sites beware of the popups
    > (requested by the sanctuary management for raising much needed cash)
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > Warmbells

    Try deleting the cookies, as well.
    --
    "One may have been corrupted."

    trout, Nov 10, 2003

  3. Grytpype-Thynne

    Phil Guest

    Have checked out both addresses and both start to load and then hang after
    about half way through!

    Phil, Nov 10, 2003