    Monitor
    is reporting "normal shut-downs" as unexpected errors.
    Anyone seen this error before?

    Kue2, Dec 6, 2009

  2. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Hugh,
    Your PC may have restarted abnormally when you were absent.
    Check event viewer (Windows Key + R, "eventvwr.msc" and <ENTER>)
    Look for System entries under Windows records (or however it is translated).
    Search for an "Error" in column one corresponding to "Eventlog" in column 3
    and read it.
    An unexpected restart logs something like "The previous system shutdown at
    .... hrs was unexpected".
    Time for detective work!
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 6, 2009

  3. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    been there done that event viewer event 6008.

    Kue2, Dec 6, 2009
  4. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    also does not show up in problem reports.............in action center.

    Kue2, Dec 7, 2009
  5. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Hugh,
    These faulty shutdowns are quite difficult to pin down.
    I fixed one of those in my PC two weeks ago: graphic card heatsink pipes
    were clogged with dust, fan was ineffective, temperature was high.
    I had to disassemble the card, clean everthing and that was it, no more
    shutdowns.
    One year back I had to switch to a new mobo due to sudden restarts.
    A friend of mine had to replace an electrolytic capacitor on the mobo due to
    sudden restarts.
    The root causes are inifinite.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 7, 2009
  6. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Carlos is not a faulty shutdown, it's a faulty report......

    Kue2, Dec 7, 2009
  7. Kue2

    NQ Guest

    Kue2 wrote:
    > Using Windows 7 pro 64
    >
    > Just looked in the action center, and found entries stating Windows
    > shutdown unexpectedly.
    > I have shutdown normally no errors whatsoever. It appears the
    > Reliability Monitor
    > is reporting "normal shut-downs" as unexpected errors.
    > Anyone seen this error before?

    I've had a faulty report once a couple weeks ago on my Windows 7 premium
    and couldn't find a cause for it either.I was sitting in front of my pc
    using it and noticed later in the Event Viewer I had a critical warning
    for power loss and a faulty shut down which hadn't happen because I was
    using my pc at the time the power loss was suppose to have happen.I
    figure it was just a glinch as long as it hasn't happen again.

    NQ, Dec 7, 2009