  1. .....um 90 Grad nach rechts von 547kB zu 164kB werden?

    Dank und Gruß
    Manfred

    Manfred Ullrich, Oct 15, 2009

  2. "Manfred Ullrich" <> wrote in message
    > ....um 90 Grad nach rechts von 547kB zu 164kB werden?
    >
    > Dank und Gruß
    > Manfred

    Because you are saving the file at a different compression to the
    original.

    For a pure 90 degree rotation, use a program which rotates the JPEG data,
    and not the image. There is a list here:

    http://jpegclub.org/losslessapps.html

    Examples, Jpehcrop, IrfanView.

    Note that unless the JPEG is a multiple of 8 (or even 16) in each
    dimension, the file size may change /slightly/. This is because the image
    may need to be padded out - 500 pixels may need to become 504 or 512
    pixels in the output image.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 15, 2009

  3. Manfred Ullrich

    Better Info Guest

    On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:58:17 GMT, "David J Taylor"
    <-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

    >"Manfred Ullrich" <> wrote in message
    >> ....um 90 Grad nach rechts von 547kB zu 164kB werden?
    >>
    >> Dank und Gruß
    >> Manfred

    >Because you are saving the file at a different compression to the
    >original.
    >
    >For a pure 90 degree rotation, use a program which rotates the JPEG data,
    >and not the image. There is a list here:
    >
    > http://jpegclub.org/losslessapps.html
    >
    >Examples, Jpehcrop, IrfanView.
    >
    >Note that unless the JPEG is a multiple of 8 (or even 16) in each
    >dimension, the file size may change /slightly/. This is because the image
    >may need to be padded out - 500 pixels may need to become 504 or 512
    >pixels in the output image.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >David

    Unless you use something like Photoline <www.pl32.net>, with its 100%
    lossless JPG editing capability. Photoline's ability to load, edit, save,
    reload, edit, save, etc., any JPG file without running it through the
    compression algorithm each time includes not having to be dependent on 8 or
    16 pixel block dimensions. A 90° or 270° rotation of a 313 x 701 pixel
    image always results in a 701 x 313 image.

    Better Info, Oct 16, 2009
  4. "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > In article <dMGBm.3504$>, David J
    > Taylor says...
    >
    >> Because you are saving the file at a different compression to the
    >> original.

    > You speak German?

    Only a little.

    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 16, 2009
  5. ? "Manfred Ullrich" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > ....um 90 Grad nach rechts von 547kB zu 164kB werden?

    Weil es wird dekoprimiert, gedreht und wieder komprimiert. Das Resultat ist
    ein Datei mit weniger Information als das Original, d.h. auf hochere
    komprimierung als das Original.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Oct 17, 2009
  6. Manfred Ullrich

    John Turco Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:

    > "Manfred Ullrich" <> wrote in message
    > > ....um 90 Grad nach rechts von 547kB zu 164kB werden?
    > >
    > > Dank und Gruß
    > > Manfred

    > Because you are saving the file at a different compression to the
    > original.
    >
    > For a pure 90 degree rotation, use a program which rotates the JPEG data,
    > and not the image. There is a list here:
    >
    > http://jpegclub.org/losslessapps.html
    >
    > Examples, Jpehcrop, IrfanView.
    >
    > Note that unless the JPEG is a multiple of 8 (or even 16) in each
    > dimension, the file size may change /slightly/. This is because the image
    > may need to be padded out - 500 pixels may need to become 504 or 512
    > pixels in the output image.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    Hmmm, David; why didn't you translate Manfred Ullrich's inquiry, into
    English?

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    Paintings Pain and Pun <http://laughatthepain.blogspot.com>

    John Turco, Oct 31, 2009
  7. "John Turco" <> wrote in message news:...
    []
    > Hmmm, David; why didn't you translate Manfred Ullrich's inquiry, into
    > English?

    I probably did, using Google:

    http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

    but you know how unreliable and sometimes amusing these machine
    translations can be!

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 31, 2009
  8. Manfred Ullrich

    John Turco Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:

    > "John Turco" <> wrote in message news:...
    > []
    > > Hmmm, David; why didn't you translate Manfred Ullrich's inquiry, into
    > > English?

    > I probably did, using Google:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

    I'd really meant to ask this: Why didn't you >post< the translation,
    for the enlightenment of the entire newsgroup?

    > but you know how unreliable and sometimes amusing these machine
    > translations can be!
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    They can be quite hilarious, indeed!

    John Turco, Nov 23, 2009
  9. "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    > David J Taylor wrote:
    >>
    >> "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    >> []
    >> > Hmmm, David; why didn't you translate Manfred Ullrich's inquiry, into
    >> > English?

    >> I probably did, using Google:
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

    > I'd really meant to ask this: Why didn't you >post< the translation,
    > for the enlightenment of the entire newsgroup?
    >
    >> but you know how unreliable and sometimes amusing these machine
    >> translations can be!
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> David

    > They can be quite hilarious, indeed!
    >
    > --
    > Cordially,
    > John Turco <>

    I didn't post the translation because I just got the essence of the
    original message, and because of the likely incorrect nature of the
    translation. Most likely many readers of this group have better German
    than I.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Nov 23, 2009
  10. Manfred Ullrich

    John Turco Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:

    > "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    > > David J Taylor wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "John Turco" <> wrote in message
    > >> []
    > >>
    > >> I probably did, using Google:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

    > > I'd really meant to ask this: Why didn't you >post< the translation,
    > > for the enlightenment of the entire newsgroup?

    <edited for brevity>

    > I didn't post the translation because I just got the essence of the
    > original message, and because of the likely incorrect nature of the
    > translation. Most likely many readers of this group have better German
    > than I.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    On that last count, Jürgen Exner, Alfred Molon and Wolfgang Weisselberg,
    all immediately spring to mind (however provocactive each individual is,
    at times).

    Ol' Wolfy, especially, can be very much of a wise guy...as I've gathered
    from a few personal, public debates with him.

    A confrontational comedian, he enjoys enraging the so-called "P&S Troll,"
    also.

    John Turco, Dec 30, 2009