    would be the correct cabling and hardware involved?

    TIA

    moyo

    moyo, Sep 16, 2004

  2. moyo

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "moyo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can a hdtv widescreen tv 65inch be used as a monitor? If yes, what
    > would be the correct cabling and hardware involved?
    >
    > TIA

    i've never owned a widescreen plasma. but at a guess, if it has s-video, use
    that.
    my laptop comes with a built in s-video.
    my desktop video card also has s-video.

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, Sep 16, 2004

  3. moyo

    TT Guest

    On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 02:29:16 GMT, moyo <> wrote:

    > Can a hdtv widescreen tv 65inch be used as a monitor? If yes, what
    > would be the correct cabling and hardware involved?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > moyo

    Don't expect an automatic better desktop because of the size. HD( I
    think) only works on the signal processed through the tuner. Any ports
    like VGA/DVI or Svideo will work but you need to make sure the resolution
    is a good match from the card to the set and the native resolution without
    the tuner is set right...
    TT

    TT, Sep 16, 2004