Widescreen question.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Brian The Demolition Man Little, May 25, 2004.

  1. That's it Wild Coyote I'm sick and tired of this crap!
    Now someone hit my music....
    > I was watching Cutthroat Island on my wide screen TV, 60 inch. It is
    > a flipper version, Full Screen on one side and Wide on the other. The
    > Full automatically filled the screen except for the black bars on the
    > sides, but the Wide screen version was in the middle of the screen and
    > black bars on all sides. I had to use zoom to fill the screen with
    > just a little bit of the black bars on top and bottom. It is 2.35 to
    > 1.
    >
    > Does anyone know why the wide screen version did not auto fill the
    > screen. This is the first DVD I have that this has happened. Thanks
    > for your input.

    "Cutthroat Island" sadly is not enhanced for 16:9 Widescreen TVs.

    --
    Demolition Man

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, May 25, 2004

  2. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Wild Coyote Guest

    I was watching Cutthroat Island on my wide screen TV, 60 inch. It is
    a flipper version, Full Screen on one side and Wide on the other. The
    Full automatically filled the screen except for the black bars on the
    sides, but the Wide screen version was in the middle of the screen and
    black bars on all sides. I had to use zoom to fill the screen with
    just a little bit of the black bars on top and bottom. It is 2.35 to
    1.

    Does anyone know why the wide screen version did not auto fill the
    screen. This is the first DVD I have that this has happened. Thanks
    for your input.

    --
    The Day PP was speechless, April 20, 2004.

    "This may actually be the strangest idea ever in abp. I think you got
    me, WC--I'm speechless. A guy in a female road runner suit... that's
    just not right."

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com

    Wild Coyote, May 25, 2004

  3. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    > I was watching Cutthroat Island on my wide screen TV, 60 inch. It is
    > a flipper version, Full Screen on one side and Wide on the other. The
    > Full automatically filled the screen except for the black bars on the
    > sides, but the Wide screen version was in the middle of the screen and
    > black bars on all sides. I had to use zoom to fill the screen with
    > just a little bit of the black bars on top and bottom. It is 2.35 to
    > 1.
    >
    > Does anyone know why the wide screen version did not auto fill the
    > screen. This is the first DVD I have that this has happened. Thanks
    > for your input.

    The disc is non-anamorphic letterbox.

    Here is an explanation of anamorphic enhancement:

    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/anamorphic/welcome.html

    Joshua Zyber, May 25, 2004
  4. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 03:36:46 GMT, "Joshua Zyber"
    <> wrote:

    >"Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    >> I was watching Cutthroat Island on my wide screen TV, 60 inch. It is
    >> a flipper version, Full Screen on one side and Wide on the other. The
    >> Full automatically filled the screen except for the black bars on the
    >> sides, but the Wide screen version was in the middle of the screen and
    >> black bars on all sides. I had to use zoom to fill the screen with
    >> just a little bit of the black bars on top and bottom. It is 2.35 to
    >> 1.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know why the wide screen version did not auto fill the
    >> screen. This is the first DVD I have that this has happened. Thanks
    >> for your input.

    >The disc is non-anamorphic letterbox.
    >
    >Here is an explanation of anamorphic enhancement:
    >
    >http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/anamorphic/welcome.html

    Okay, that is what I thought. I just thought I would check with the
    pros. Thanks.

    Wild Coyote, May 25, 2004
  5. Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 18:59:36 -0500, "Brian The Demolition Man Little"
    <> wrote:

    >That's it Wild Coyote I'm sick and tired of this crap!
    >Now someone hit my music....
    >> I was watching Cutthroat Island on my wide screen TV, 60 inch. It is
    >> a flipper version, Full Screen on one side and Wide on the other. The
    >> Full automatically filled the screen except for the black bars on the
    >> sides, but the Wide screen version was in the middle of the screen and
    >> black bars on all sides. I had to use zoom to fill the screen with
    >> just a little bit of the black bars on top and bottom. It is 2.35 to
    >> 1.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know why the wide screen version did not auto fill the
    >> screen. This is the first DVD I have that this has happened. Thanks
    >> for your input.

    >"Cutthroat Island" sadly is not enhanced for 16:9 Widescreen TVs.

    I suspected that, but just wanted to check with you guys to make sure.
    Thank you.

    Wild Coyote, May 25, 2004