    worth the extra money? How is the picture quality. Are their any
    opinions from someone who has one?

    Sharon
    sharonf, May 18, 2006

  2. sharonf

    Jimchip Guest

    On 2006-05-18, sharonf <> wrote:
    > I will be buying a new computer system soon and am trying to decide what
    > I want to do about a monitor. I have been seeing more widescreen digital
    > monitors available but don't know anyone who actually has one. Are they
    > worth the extra money? How is the picture quality. Are their any
    > opinions from someone who has one?

    They might not be extra money...

    Price compare 19" LCD, expecially with "inexpensive" upgrades for
    "inexpensive" computer systems.

    --
    I like big, CRTs myself but I don't move 'em alot.
    Jimchip, May 18, 2006

  3. sharonf

    JANA Guest

    You are best off with a DVI monitor. This is the new standard. The results
    are better than a conventional VGA monitor.

    If you are going to use a lot of wide screen type video, or like the effect
    of using a wide screen, then it is worth the extra cost. For practicality
    when using a computer, a standard screen is okay.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, May 18, 2006
  4. sharonf

    J-McC Guest

    My daughter has one of the new wide screen monitors, absolutely
    fabulous for spreadsheets and database applications.
    I would buy a wide screen monitor immediately if I could afford it.
    I bought a 20 inch lcd monitor which was also a television. It has
    vga, and the new DFI input, rgb and AV. It is quite good but a real
    19 or 20 inch monitor is clearer.
    J McC

    J-McC, May 18, 2006
  5. sharonf

    Mitch Guest

    In article <446be299$0$24179$-secrets.com>, sharonf
    <> wrote:

    > I will be buying a new computer system soon and am trying to decide what
    > I want to do about a monitor. I have been seeing more widescreen digital
    > monitors available but don't know anyone who actually has one. Are they
    > worth the extra money? How is the picture quality. Are their any
    > opinions from someone who has one?

    The widescreen aspect is a separate issue from the digital aspect.
    As far as widescreen, you get more room for the document or file, and
    in apps that have tool palettes, that makes a lot of difference -- more
    room to put the palettes off to the side, and still see a regular
    amount of the file view.

    As far as I'm concerned, one of the better aspects of the digital
    connection is the color management. But it might also help to use the
    newer connection to make sure you can use it with future hardware --
    the DVI connection is likely to become the common one.
    Mitch, May 18, 2006
  6. sharonf

    sharonf Guest

    JANA wrote:
    > You are best off with a DVI monitor. This is the new standard. The results
    > are better than a conventional VGA monitor.
    >
    > If you are going to use a lot of wide screen type video, or like the effect
    > of using a wide screen, then it is worth the extra cost. For practicality
    > when using a computer, a standard screen is okay.

    I don't really see myself getting into the wide screen video much on
    my computer. We have a wide screen TV for that. I do like to fool around
    with editing digital photos though.

    Sharon
    sharonf, May 18, 2006