Widescreen monitor pros & cons?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net, Jun 10, 2007

  2. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    Ron Martell Guest

    Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

    >Hi
    >I'm thinking about getting a new flat panel monitor
    >Anyone any advice about widescreen ones
    >Widescreen appear to be cheeper than ordinary
    >I was looking at the
    >Dell UltraSharp™ 2007WFP 20.1" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor
    >http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sn...3&category_id=6198&first=true&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1

    A bit pricey by today's standards.

    I have this one:
    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2606497&sku=S197-2016
    but when I purchased mine 6 months ago the price was $229 after
    rebate. And it took 3 months to get the rebate. Not sure if this
    would be available in Europe or if they would ship it there..

    The biggest single concern with a widescreen monitor is that you
    *must* have a video card that is capable of producing the exact
    resolution specified for the monitor. For these 20.1" models that
    would be 1680 x 1050.

    Working with the wide monitor is a dream. I can easily have two
    documents open side by side, such as an accounting program and an
    excel spreadsheet, which greatly simplifies and expedites the process
    of transferring information from one document to another.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    Ron Martell, Jun 10, 2007

  3. Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

    Jerry G. Guest

    Before you buy the monitor, make sure your display card will support it.
    If not, you have the choice to buy a regular monitor, or buy a new
    display card at the same time as you buy the monitor.

    --

    Jerry G.

    <Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net> wrote in message
    Hi
    I'm thinking about getting a new flat panel monitor
    Anyone any advice about widescreen ones
    Widescreen appear to be cheeper than ordinary
    I was looking at the
    Dell UltraSharpT 2007WFP 20.1" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor
    http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sn...3&category_id=6198&first=true&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1
    --
    Martin
    ©¿©¬