    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Grand Inquisitor wrote:

    > Hooray! Finally!

    What are you on about? That cartoon/flick about a pig?

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Grand Inquisitor

    Doonie Guest

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 02:19:05 GMT, Darrel Christenson wrote:

    >Grand Inquisitor wrote:
    >
    >> Hooray! Finally!

    >What are you on about? That cartoon/flick about a pig?

    When I saw Babe in the theater, I wondered how they were able to
    make the animals talk! Everything looked real!

    Anyone know if the new DVD will have only a half biterate DTS track
    or a full bitrate one, like the old pan & scan release had? Hopefully
    they ported over the full bitrate one..

    Doonie, Sep 23, 2003
  4. Darrel Christenson wrote:
    > Grand Inquisitor wrote:
    >
    >> Hooray! Finally!

    > What are you on about? That cartoon/flick about a pig?
    >

    > drc :)

    Sorry you can't appreciate it. It was live action, not cartoon. Why
    not try watching it before judging it?

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Grand Inquisitor

    Frohike Guest

    "Grand Inquisitor" <> wrote in message
    > Darrel Christenson wrote:
    > > Grand Inquisitor wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hooray! Finally!

    > > What are you on about? That cartoon/flick about a pig?
    > >

    > > drc :)
    > >

    > Sorry you can't appreciate it. It was live action, not cartoon. Why
    > not try watching it before judging it?

    I think he was joking. There was a smiley.

    Frohike, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Grand Inquisitor

    Mark B. Guest

    > Hooray! Finally!
    > --
    > "Get rid of the Range Rover. You are not responsible for patrolling
    > Australia's Dingo Barrier Fence, nor do you work the Savannah, capturing
    > and tagging wildebeests."
    > --Michael J. Nelson
    >
    > Grand Inquisitor
    > http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=Oost

    But where at? Target only had the P&S version, Wal-Mart has P&S and the
    2-pack which has the WS but also the sequel which I don't want to pay for.
    Amazon has it, but I don't get why 2 of the biggest retailers don't have the
    single WS version. I'll have to check Best Buy tomorrow.

    Mark

    Mark B., Sep 24, 2003
  7. Grand Inquisitor

    TSKO Guest

    .....not a bad flick...

    TSKO, Sep 24, 2003
  8. Grand Inquisitor

    AceoHearts Guest

    I paid the $20 for both Babe and the sequel. That was the only way I found
    it widescreen. My son should get a kick out of the sequel. He hasn't
    realized that just because a movie is really good doesn't mean there has to
    be a sequel. He is only 13 months old after all.

    AceoHearts

    AceoHearts, Sep 24, 2003
  9. Frohike wrote:

    > "Grand Inquisitor" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Darrel Christenson wrote:

    >>>What are you on about? That cartoon/flick about a pig?
    >>>

    >>>drc :)
    >>>

    >>Sorry you can't appreciate it. It was live action, not cartoon. Why
    >>not try watching it before judging it?

    > I think he was joking. There was a smiley.

    That smiley was part of his sig. It was a sig smiley (or smigley).

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Sep 24, 2003
  10. Mark B. wrote:
    > But where at? Target only had the P&S version, Wal-Mart has P&S and the
    > 2-pack which has the WS but also the sequel which I don't want to pay for.
    > Amazon has it, but I don't get why 2 of the biggest retailers don't have the
    > single WS version. I'll have to check Best Buy tomorrow.
    >
    > Mark

    I can tell you from having worked at Best Buy and getting a discount
    that was 5% above cost that you're a sucker to buy DVDs at retail (99%
    of the time anyway). It's okay to be a sucker. We have all been suckers.

    www.dvdpricesearch.com

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Sep 24, 2003
  11. Grand Inquisitor

    rwright Guest

    WAL MART in my town had the original film, BABE, for $15 and the two pack
    was only $4 more so I shelled out the extra $$ for the two pack --it came to
    $19.78 ( a VERY good year).

    No SCROOGE at Wal Mart though. Damn!

    rwright, Sep 24, 2003
  12. Mark B. wrote:

    > "Grand Inquisitor" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hooray! Finally!
    >>--
    >>"Get rid of the Range Rover. You are not responsible for patrolling
    >>Australia's Dingo Barrier Fence, nor do you work the Savannah, capturing
    >>and tagging wildebeests."
    >>--Michael J. Nelson
    >>
    >>Grand Inquisitor
    >>http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=Oost
    >>

    > But where at? Target only had the P&S version, Wal-Mart has P&S and the
    > 2-pack which has the WS but also the sequel which I don't want to pay for.
    > Amazon has it, but I don't get why 2 of the biggest retailers don't have the
    > single WS version. I'll have to check Best Buy tomorrow.

    My local Walmart had both in both formats as well as the box in both
    formats.

    Matthew

    --
    <http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

    Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
    You can't break even.
    You can't get out of the game.

    Matthew L. Martin, Sep 24, 2003
  13. Grand Inquisitor

    Mark B. Guest

    > Mark B. wrote:
    > > But where at? Target only had the P&S version, Wal-Mart has P&S and the
    > > 2-pack which has the WS but also the sequel which I don't want to pay

    for.
    > > Amazon has it, but I don't get why 2 of the biggest retailers don't have

    the
    > > single WS version. I'll have to check Best Buy tomorrow.
    > >
    > > Mark
    > >

    > I can tell you from having worked at Best Buy and getting a discount
    > that was 5% above cost that you're a sucker to buy DVDs at retail (99%
    > of the time anyway). It's okay to be a sucker. We have all been suckers.
    >

    > www.dvdpricesearch.com

    Don't be such an ass. It's still in the first week of release, so if BB has
    it, it'll be well below $20. Target has the FF for $15; that's where I
    would have gotten it if they had WS.

    Mark

    Mark B., Sep 25, 2003
  14. "AceoHearts" <> wrote in

    > I paid the $20 for both Babe and the sequel. That was the only way I
    > found it widescreen. My son should get a kick out of the sequel. He
    > hasn't realized that just because a movie is really good doesn't mean
    > there has to be a sequel. He is only 13 months old after all.

    You might want to preview the sequel. It's a pretty dark movie, as kid's
    movies go. It's pretty damned close to being a nihilistic European art
    flick, aside from that starring talking animals thing. Oh, and Granny
    undergoes an implied body-cavity search in an airport.

    It really is sort of an odd film. :)

    Geo
    --
    George Mealer
    geo*AT*snarksoft*DOT*com

    "Alright, it's Saturday night...I have no date, a two-liter bottle
    of Shasta, and my all-Rush mix tape. Let's rock!" -- Philip J. Fry

    George Mealer, Oct 2, 2003
  15. Grand Inquisitor

    GMAN Guest

    In article <vR4cb.30297$>, wrote:
    >Mark B. wrote:
    >> But where at? Target only had the P&S version, Wal-Mart has P&S and the
    >> 2-pack which has the WS but also the sequel which I don't want to pay for.
    >> Amazon has it, but I don't get why 2 of the biggest retailers don't have the
    >> single WS version. I'll have to check Best Buy tomorrow.
    >>
    >> Mark
    >>

    >I can tell you from having worked at Best Buy and getting a discount
    >that was 5% above cost that you're a sucker to buy DVDs at retail (99%
    >of the time anyway). It's okay to be a sucker. We have all been suckers.

    Best Buy screws you then. When i worked at Compusa we got shit at COST!

    GMAN, Oct 27, 2003