    How do I re size the desktop to show a small 16.9 instead of 4.3
    covering the whole screen ?

    Thanks.
    Reggie700, Sep 5, 2006

  2. Reggie700

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:17:30 -0700, Reggie700 Has Frothed:

    > Hi
    >
    > I don't have the lead at the moment but tommorow I am gonna connect my PC
    > to my wide screen TV from the TV out on the graphics card to the AV2 scart
    > socket on the TV.
    >
    > The prob is that my desktop size is 4.3 so on the TV I asume that I will
    > just see my desktop in 4.3 as well when I want to see it in 16.9 so that
    > it covers the whole screen.
    >
    > How do I re size the desktop to show a small 16.9 instead of 4.3 covering
    > the whole screen ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    4.3 won't cover the whole screen, just the center.

    COOSN-266-06-25794
    Meat Plow, Sep 5, 2006

  3. Reggie700

    PeeCee Guest

    "Reggie700" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I don't have the lead at the moment but tommorow I am gonna connect my
    > PC to my wide screen TV from the TV out on the graphics card to the AV2
    > scart socket on the TV.
    >
    > The prob is that my desktop size is 4.3 so on the TV I asume that I
    > will just see my desktop in 4.3 as well when I want to see it in 16.9
    > so that it covers the whole screen.
    >
    > How do I re size the desktop to show a small 16.9 instead of 4.3
    > covering the whole screen ?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Right click on the Desktop.
    Left click Properties
    Settings tab at the right hand end.
    Check thru all the settings, especially those to do with dual display.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Sep 6, 2006
  4. Reggie700

    Reggie700 Guest

    > Right click on the Desktop.
    > Left click Properties
    > Settings tab at the right hand end.
    > Check thru all the settings, especially those to do with dual display.
    >
    > Best
    > Paul.

    I've looked in display properties and can't find any way to change the
    screen size or anything to do with dual display.
    Reggie700, Sep 6, 2006
  5. Reggie700

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Reggie700" <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I don't have the lead at the moment but tommorow I am gonna connect my
    >PC to my wide screen TV from the TV out on the graphics card to the AV2
    >scart socket on the TV.
    >
    >The prob is that my desktop size is 4.3 so on the TV I asume that I
    >will just see my desktop in 4.3 as well when I want to see it in 16.9
    >so that it covers the whole screen.
    >
    >How do I re size the desktop to show a small 16.9 instead of 4.3
    >covering the whole screen ?
    >
    >Thanks.

    If your TV out is an S-Video connector (single RCA type usually
    yellow) then there is not much you can do. Also I believe that AV2
    SCART connectors are S-Video only, which means 4:3 aspect and usually
    at 640 x 480 resolution only.

    What is the make and model of your video card?
    What is the make and model of your wide-screen tV?
    You need to check the detailed technical specs for both to see what
    the best connection method is for getting high quality wide aspect
    video from the PC to the TV.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --