    eugene Guest

    I have a new wide screen monitor and images now appear somewhat "stretched".
    Is there a way of viewing them as they really are?
    eugene, Oct 18, 2007

  2. eugene wrote:
    > I have a new wide screen monitor and images now appear somewhat
    > "stretched". Is there a way of viewing them as they really are?

    Eugene,

    There was a long discussion about this recently on
    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems. Check it out. What monitor brand and
    model do you have?

    You need to set Windows resolution to the same values as your monitor's
    native resolution (e.g. 1400 x 875, 1920 x 1200 - check in your monitor's
    manual), and all should be well. You may now need to set Windows to Large
    Fonts to get a comfortable text size.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Oct 18, 2007

  3. eugene

    Jim Townsend Guest

    eugene wrote:

    > I have a new wide screen monitor and images now appear somewhat "stretched".
    > Is there a way of viewing them as they really are?

    You have to adjust your video card to provide the correct aspect ratio.

    A common setting for wide screens is 1680 x 1050 pixels
    Jim Townsend, Oct 18, 2007
  4. eugene

    ray Guest

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:12:41 +0100, eugene wrote:

    > I have a new wide screen monitor and images now appear somewhat "stretched".
    > Is there a way of viewing them as they really are?

    If you have it set up so your operating system is using the native
    resolution (I assume it is an LCD monitor, though you don't specify) then
    things should have the correct aspect ratio.
    ray, Oct 18, 2007