    peter Guest

    For under $1000, can I get a monitor that can display the whole adobeRGB
    gamut?

    peter, Feb 19, 2007

  2. peter

    adminforto Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    news:KlbCh.3862$_O1.2930@trndny04...
    > For under $1000, can I get a monitor that can display the whole adobeRGB
    > gamut?

    Yes,

    get a Panasonic CRT 32 bit RGBA monitor.

    All LCD's can hardly do 16 bit color.

    http://tyrell-innovations-usa.com/shack3d/

    adminforto, Feb 19, 2007

  3. peter

    just bob Guest

    "adminforto" <> wrote in message

    > "peter" <> wrote in message
    >> For under $1000, can I get a monitor that can display the whole adobeRGB
    >> gamut?
    >>

    > Yes,
    >
    > get a Panasonic CRT 32 bit RGBA monitor.
    >
    > All LCD's can hardly do 16 bit color.

    Can you suggest a good model?

    just bob, Feb 19, 2007
  4. peter

    nospam Guest

    In article <erbn2h$uii$>, adminforto <>
    wrote:

    > "peter" <> wrote in message
    > > For under $1000, can I get a monitor that can display the whole adobeRGB
    > > gamut?
    > >

    > All LCD's can hardly do 16 bit color.

    nonsense. lcds these days are as good or better than crts.

    as to the original request, displays that can display adobe rgb are NOT
    cheap. here's one:
    <http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/cg221/index.asp>

    nospam, Feb 19, 2007
  5. peter

    adminforto Guest

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > In article <erbn2h$uii$>, adminforto <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "peter" <> wrote in message
    >> > For under $1000, can I get a monitor that can display the whole
    >> > adobeRGB
    >> > gamut?
    >> >

    >> All LCD's can hardly do 16 bit color.

    > nonsense. lcds these days are as good or better than crts.
    >
    > as to the original request, displays that can display adobe rgb are NOT
    > cheap. here's one:
    > <http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/cg221/index.asp>

    If You say so,

    than tell me please
    what the quickest way to find out
    if monitor can display true color.

    adminforto, Feb 19, 2007
  6. peter

    adminforto Guest

    "just bob" <> wrote in message

    > "adminforto" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "peter" <> wrote in message
    >>> For under $1000, can I get a monitor that can display the whole adobeRGB
    >>> gamut?
    >>>

    >> Yes,
    >>
    >> get a Panasonic CRT 32 bit RGBA monitor.
    >>
    >> All LCD's can hardly do 16 bit color.
    >>

    > Can you suggest a good model?

    http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/panasonic/

    I am using PanaSync/Pro P110i

    adminforto, Feb 19, 2007
  7. peter

    adminforto Guest

    http://compreviews.about.com/od/multimedia/a/CRTvsLCD.htm

    adminforto, Feb 19, 2007
  8. peter

    > "nospam" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <erbn2h$uii$>, adminforto <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "peter" <> wrote in message
    >>> >

    >>> All LCD's can hardly do 16 bit color.

    >> nonsense. lcds these days are as good or better than crts.
    >>
    >> as to the original request, displays that can display adobe rgb are NOT
    >> cheap. here's one:
    >> <http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/cg221/index.asp>

    > If You say so,
    >
    > than tell me please
    > what the quickest way to find out
    > if monitor can display true color.

    I want to know, do tell!

    just bob, Feb 22, 2007
  9. peter

    > "just bob" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "adminforto" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "peter" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Yes,
    >>>
    >>> get a Panasonic CRT 32 bit RGBA monitor.
    >>>
    >>> All LCD's can hardly do 16 bit color.
    >>>

    >> Can you suggest a good model?

    > http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/panasonic/
    >

    > I am using PanaSync/Pro P110i

    Discontinued?

    just bob, Feb 22, 2007
  10. peter

    adminforto Guest

    "just bob" <> wrote in message

    > "adminforto" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "nospam" <> wrote in message

    >>> nonsense. lcds these days are as good or better than crts.
    >>>
    >>> as to the original request, displays that can display adobe rgb are NOT
    >>> cheap. here's one:
    >>> <http://www.eizo.com/products/graphics/cg221/index.asp>

    >> If You say so,
    >>
    >> than tell me please
    >> what the quickest way to find out
    >> if monitor can display true color.

    > I want to know, do tell!

    The link you've supplied shows LCD monitor that attempts to do 16 bit color.
    To be compatible with Adobe they've added lookup table of Adobe subset
    which means that it will display Adobe colors but only in 16 bit subset and
    not 24 bit like CRTs

    Overpriced joke!

    http://tyrell-innovations-usa.com/shack3d/

    adminforto, Feb 22, 2007
  11. peter

    just bob Guest

    "just bob" <> wrote in message

    > "adminforto" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "just bob" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "adminforto" <> wrote in message

    >>> Can you suggest a good model?

    >> http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/panasonic/
    >>

    >> I am using PanaSync/Pro P110i

    > Discontinued?

    Ah, probably sold under different name/model in USA, I'm guessing.

    just bob, Feb 22, 2007
  12. peter

    adminforto Guest

    "just bob" <> wrote in message

    > "just bob" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "adminforto" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "just bob" <> wrote in message

    >>> http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/panasonic/
    >>>

    >>> I am using PanaSync/Pro P110i

    >> Discontinued?

    > Ah, probably sold under different name/model in USA, I'm guessing.

    No, it is an European model...

    http://tyrell-innovations-usa.com/shack3d/

    adminforto, Feb 22, 2007
  13. peter

    nospam Guest

    In article <erknmv$mr0$>, adminforto <>
    wrote:

    > The link you've supplied shows LCD monitor that attempts to do 16 bit color.

    no, it shows that it does 16 bit greyscale:

    The 16-bit internal calculation produces grayscale rendering that is
    on a par with high-end CRT monitors.

    > To be compatible with Adobe they've added lookup table of Adobe subset
    > which means that it will display Adobe colors but only in 16 bit subset and
    > not 24 bit like CRTs

    not quite.

    > Overpriced joke!

    they are expensive, but they're *very* good.

    nospam, Feb 22, 2007
  14. peter

    adminforto Guest

    "nospam" <> wrote in message

    >> The link you've supplied shows LCD monitor that attempts to do 16 bit
    >> color.

    > no, it shows that it does 16 bit greyscale:

    Just, pouse and think about it.
    CRT's can only do 8 bit grayscale.

    Read it again.
    They say that the proccesor for assembling lookup tables does 16 bit values
    and not that LCD outputs 64 thousend levels of gray.

    adminforto, Feb 22, 2007
  15. peter

    nospam Guest

    In article <erkqs9$31l$>, adminforto <>
    wrote:

    > > no, it shows that it does 16 bit greyscale:

    > Just, pouse and think about it.
    > CRT's can only do 8 bit grayscale.
    >
    > Read it again.
    > They say that the proccesor for assembling lookup tables does 16 bit values
    > and not that LCD outputs 64 thousend levels of gray.

    i know what the webpage says and i know what the monitor looks like,
    having seen one on several occasions. it noticably better in quality
    than a typical lcd display, including eizo's own lesser models, as well
    as typical crt monitors.

    nospam, Feb 22, 2007
  16. peter

    adminforto Guest

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > In article <erkqs9$31l$>, adminforto <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> > no, it shows that it does 16 bit greyscale:

    >> Just, pouse and think about it.
    >> CRT's can only do 8 bit grayscale.
    >>
    >> Read it again.
    >> They say that the proccesor for assembling lookup tables does 16 bit
    >> values
    >> and not that LCD outputs 64 thousend levels of gray.

    > i know what the webpage says and i know what the monitor looks like,
    > having seen one on several occasions. it noticably better in quality
    > than a typical lcd display, including eizo's own lesser models, as well
    > as typical crt monitors.

    Than You are not able to see the missing colors on the LCD monitor.
    Professionals that use Adobe products know the difference.

    To help non professional people, one creates gray scale bar as wide as the
    screen
    and that should show 256 gray shades rectangles on CRT screen.
    One can count the shades on LCD monitor and see that count numbers of
    rectangles is around 10 to 12.

    http://tyrell-innovations-usa.com/shack3d/

    adminforto, Feb 22, 2007