    is the Canon S60. Other suggestions ?

    thanks
    , Jul 20, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I love my Lexio, but I just heard from a friend
    > that it's 2005 ?! So will get my first digital
    > point & shoot soon. Does this exist:
    >
    > wide angle capable eg 28 mm
    > good battery life
    > small and light
    >
    > Only one I've come across in my initial
    > search with the wide angle capability
    > is the Canon S60. Other suggestions ?
    >
    > thanks

    Does the new Panasonic LX1 fit your bill?

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05072003panasonic_lx1.asp

    David
    David J Taylor, Jul 20, 2005

  3. Kinon O'Cann Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I love my Lexio, but I just heard from a friend
    > that it's 2005 ?! So will get my first digital
    > point & shoot soon. Does this exist:
    >
    > wide angle capable eg 28 mm
    > good battery life
    > small and light
    >
    > Only one I've come across in my initial
    > search with the wide angle capability
    > is the Canon S60. Other suggestions ?

    Nikon 8400 goes to a 24mm equivilant.

    Kinon O'Cann, Jul 20, 2005
  4. writes:

    > I love my Lexio, but I just heard from a friend
    > that it's 2005 ?! So will get my first digital
    > point & shoot soon. Does this exist:
    >
    > wide angle capable eg 28 mm
    > good battery life
    > small and light
    >
    > Only one I've come across in my initial
    > search with the wide angle capability
    > is the Canon S60. Other suggestions ?

    Off the top of my head, Olympus C-5060WZ, C-8080WZ start out at the equivalent
    of 28mm and the C-7070WZ starts out at 27mm. Whether you consider them small
    and light is a different question....

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Jul 26, 2005
  5. David Chien Guest

    Nikon 8400 has a 24mm lens, though in a heavier body for a 8MP digicam.
    David Chien, Jul 26, 2005