    greatly appreciated!!

    Thanks so much,
    Laura
    Laura, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Laura

    Steve Almond Guest

    I'm also interested in a wide zoom compact. The options seem to be (with my
    interpretation of comments from the web):

    Canon S60 (tests to come?)
    Nikon 5400 (not as good as...)
    Olympus 5060 (...this)
    Minolta Dimage A1 (Getting bulky, pictures less impressive than Oly 5060)
    Minolta Dimage A2 (bulky, expensive)
    Canon Poweshot Pro1 (tests less well than most Canons)
    Panasonic LC-1 (Wow!)
    Leica Digilux 2 (Wow! +$400)

    I look forward to comments from anyone with experience of any of these

    Steve
    (This is also crossposted to alt.comp.periphs.dcameras. Probably against the
    law - sorry)

    Steve Almond, Jun 23, 2004

  3. "Laura" <> wrote in message
    > Also, I really want a camera that
    > has a good wide angle lens. I HATE always backing up to take
    > pictures. I am an interior designer and can never get a good picture
    > of regular size room . . . I need a good wide angle lens!! Is this
    > the best camera for me?? Do you have any suggestions?? They would be
    > greatly appreciated!!
    >
    > Thanks so much,
    > Laura

    Nikon Coolpix 5000, possibly with the wide-angle adapter as well. But
    even alone, I believe this was one of the widest-angle cameras you can
    get. The 5400 model also has 28mm wide-angle and a 4:1 zoom range.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jun 24, 2004
  4. Laura

    PlaneGuy Guest

    For those of you not in the USA, you may be interested in Ricoh Caplio G4
    Wide or the Ricoh Caplio GX. We just bought the GX.

    It has a 28-85mm (35mm equiv) f2.8-4.x lens, an incredibly fast shutter lag
    for a digicam (not much slower than my D30), and what I thought was a pretty
    darn good design of body - very easy to use, though the menu could be
    better. Also has a flash mount. We are yet to put it through its image
    quality paces, but in pre-purchase testing, it seemed to be pretty good -
    not quite as good as the S50 in terms of sharpness, but the above features
    were more important to us (if I need image quality out will come the DSLR)

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit.uk> wrote in
    message news:y_uCc.1265$...

    PlaneGuy, Jun 24, 2004