    recommendations?

    TIA

    Jon
    JRS, Feb 22, 2007

  2. JRS wrote:
    > looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle zoom. Any
    > recommendations?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Jon

    I recently bought one of these - 28 - 200mm, image stabilisation - but I
    bought it more for the size than the performance. Wide angle was an
    important factor.

    http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/ricoh_caplio_r5_review.htm

    Jessops had them on special offer.

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Feb 22, 2007

  3. JRS

    Bandicoot Guest

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk>
    wrote in message news:9NlDh.5374$...
    > JRS wrote:
    > > looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle
    > > zoom. Any recommendations?
    > >
    > > TIA
    > >
    > > Jon

    > I recently bought one of these - 28 - 200mm, image stabilisation -
    > but I bought it more for the size than the performance. Wide angle
    > was an important factor.
    >
    > http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/ricoh_caplio_r5_review.htm

    My GF has the R4 and is very happy with it. The wide end of the zoom was
    important, and it seems to produce good results for her. Fast start up and
    not too much shutter lag was another criterion that it met very nicely.

    Peter
    Bandicoot, Feb 23, 2007
  4. JRS

    Bandicoot Guest

    "Bandicoot" <"insert_handle_here"@techemail.com> wrote in message
    > "David J Taylor"

    <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk>
    > wrote in message news:9NlDh.5374$...
    > > JRS wrote:
    > > > looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle
    > > > zoom. Any recommendations?
    > > >
    > > > TIA
    > > >
    > > > Jon

    > > I recently bought one of these - 28 - 200mm, image stabilisation -
    > > but I bought it more for the size than the performance. Wide
    > > angle was an important factor.
    > >
    > > http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/ricoh_caplio_r5_review.htm
    > >

    > My GF has the R4 and is very happy with it. The wide end of the
    > zoom was important, and it seems to produce good results for her.
    > Fast start up and not too much shutter lag was another criterion that
    > it met very nicely.

    I should have added - we also looked at a Panasonic Lumix (sorry, can't
    recall the model number, but it's the one that's in the same sizer and price
    bracket as the R4) for her, and didn't like its much longer shutter lag, but
    another friend has one and is very happy.

    Peter
    Bandicoot, Feb 23, 2007
  5. "JRS" <> wrote in message
    > looking for a fairly compact camera with a decent wide angle zoom. Any
    > recommendations?

    Panasonic TZ2 & TZ3. Not out yet though.
    Jack Torrence, Feb 23, 2007
  6. JRS

    bugbear Guest

    bugbear, Feb 23, 2007