    Even though there are hundreds of digital cameras to choose from, it is hard
    to find what I want. I wish digital cameras can be customized like ordering
    a PC.
    peter, Dec 19, 2004

  2. peter

    dj_nme Guest

    peter wrote:

    > Is there a compact model that has wide angle (28mm equiv) and uses AA
    > batteries?
    >
    > For some reason, canon makes cameras with 28mm wide angle (S60, S70, Pro1)
    > and they also make cameras that use AA batteries (A series), but they don't
    > have one camera with both features.
    >
    > Even though there are hundreds of digital cameras to choose from, it is hard
    > to find what I want. I wish digital cameras can be customized like ordering
    > a PC.

    Perhaps a Minlota Diamge 7 would be a contender?
    28-200mm (35mm equivalent) lens and uses 4 AA batteries.
    It also has a ton of features that make it almost as versatile as a true
    dslr.
    Second-hand off eBay would be the way to go.
    dj_nme, Dec 19, 2004

  3. peter

    David Wright Guest

    In article <cShxd.313$L7.254@trnddc05>, peter <> writes
    >Is there a compact model that has wide angle (28mm equiv) and uses AA
    >batteries?
    >
    >For some reason, canon makes cameras with 28mm wide angle (S60, S70, Pro1)
    >and they also make cameras that use AA batteries (A series), but they don't
    >have one camera with both features.
    >
    >Even though there are hundreds of digital cameras to choose from, it is hard
    >to find what I want. I wish digital cameras can be customized like ordering
    >a PC.

    If you are prepared to compromise slightly on the 28mm requirement you
    could purchase a used Kodak DC-280 which has a 30-60mm 2x zoom and runs
    on 4x AA. These cameras are 2Megapix but got good reviews for image
    quality and are now relatively inexpensive.

    --
    David Wright
    David Wright, Dec 19, 2004
  4. peter

    Juhani Guest

  5. peter

    Juhani Guest

  6. peter

    bob Guest

    > peter wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a compact model that has wide angle (28mm equiv) and uses AA
    >> batteries?

    Coolpix 5000, with the accessory AA battery holder -- The 6 AA cells will
    power the thing all day, it seems. Add the accessory lens, and the field of
    veiw becomes equiv to 18mm or so.

    Bob

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply