    SheddTec Guest

    We are ordering a bonded 3Mb T1, can the WIC-1DSU-T1 handle 3Mb? Will
    I have to do any configuration?
    SheddTec, Mar 13, 2007

  2. SheddTec

    Smokey Guest

    SheddTec wrote:
    > We are ordering a bonded 3Mb T1, can the WIC-1DSU-T1 handle 3Mb? Will
    > I have to do any configuration?

    Just thinking outloud, but a T1 is a 1.54MBS pipe, if you are getting a
    bonded 3MB link then you will need 2 WIC's.
    Smokey, Mar 13, 2007

  3. SheddTec

    SheddTec Guest

    On Mar 13, 10:37 am, Smokey <> wrote:
    > SheddTec wrote:
    > > We are ordering a bonded 3Mb T1, can the WIC-1DSU-T1 handle 3Mb? Will
    > > I have to do any configuration?

    > Just thinking outloud, but a T1 is a 1.54MBS pipe, if you are getting a
    > bonded 3MB link then you will need 2 WIC's.

    I wasn't sure, I have never dealt with a bonded T1 before and they are
    saying they will be doing the bonding with their routers, which sounds
    like the config on my end wont change. I'm not sure if the wic will
    support that or if I need a different card or an additional card.
    SheddTec, Mar 13, 2007
  4. SheddTec

    Smokey Guest

    SheddTec wrote:
    > On Mar 13, 10:37 am, Smokey <> wrote:
    >> SheddTec wrote:
    >>> We are ordering a bonded 3Mb T1, can the WIC-1DSU-T1 handle 3Mb? Will
    >>> I have to do any configuration?

    >> Just thinking outloud, but a T1 is a 1.54MBS pipe, if you are getting a
    >> bonded 3MB link then you will need 2 WIC's.

    > I wasn't sure, I have never dealt with a bonded T1 before and they are
    > saying they will be doing the bonding with their routers, which sounds
    > like the config on my end wont change. I'm not sure if the wic will
    > support that or if I need a different card or an additional card.

    In a config I just setup, we had 2 T-1's and they terminated into the 2
    WIC's in the router, in my config, depending on what type of circuit you
    are getting, I used a multilink configuration to accomplish this below
    is a snippet of my config: (This is a 2610 router)

    !
    !
    interface Multilink1
    ip address WAN_IP 255.255.255.252
    no cdp enable
    ppp multilink
    ppp multilink fragment disable
    ppp multilink group 1
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/0
    ip address LAN_IP 255.255.255.240
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    no cdp enable
    no mop enabled
    !
    interface Serial0/0
    description T1 to USLEC S0/0
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    no cdp enable
    ppp multilink
    ppp multilink group 1
    !
    interface Serial0/1
    description T1 to USLEC S0/1
    no ip address
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip mroute-cache
    no fair-queue
    no cdp enable
    ppp multilink
    ppp multilink group 1
    Smokey, Mar 13, 2007
  5. "SheddTec" <> writes:
    >On Mar 13, 10:37 am, Smokey <> wrote:
    >> SheddTec wrote:
    >> > We are ordering a bonded 3Mb T1, can the WIC-1DSU-T1 handle 3Mb? Will
    >> > I have to do any configuration?

    >> Just thinking outloud, but a T1 is a 1.54MBS pipe, if you are getting a
    >> bonded 3MB link then you will need 2 WIC's.

    >I wasn't sure, I have never dealt with a bonded T1 before and they are
    >saying they will be doing the bonding with their routers, which sounds
    >like the config on my end wont change. I'm not sure if the wic will
    >support that or if I need a different card or an additional card.

    IMHO, you should ask "they" what are proposing for your handoff and
    plan appropriately.

    A single WIC-1DSU-T1 handles 1.544Mbps. There's no way to pump data
    into it any faster, as it only talks T1. Now, if you had a WIC-1T
    instead, you should be able to go up to 8Mbps over its DB60 port if
    they hand you off a synch serial connection of whatever their bonding
    device is.

    Or, if you had two WIC-1DSU-T1, you could do either MLPPP or
    per-packet CEF load balancing out both WIC-1DSU-T1s. This is the most
    common option for multi-T1 solutions.

    But, I'd ask "they" for what they are handing off to you, not try to guess.
    Doug McIntyre, Mar 13, 2007
  6. SheddTec

    RC Guest

    "Doug McIntyre" <> wrote in message
    > "SheddTec" <> writes:
    >>>
    >>> Just thinking outloud, but a T1 is a 1.54MBS pipe, if you are getting a
    >>> bonded 3MB link then you will need 2 WIC's.

    >>I wasn't sure, I have never dealt with a bonded T1 before and they are
    >>saying they will be doing the bonding with their routers, which sounds
    >>like the config on my end wont change. I'm not sure if the wic will
    >>support that or if I need a different card or an additional card.

    > IMHO, you should ask "they" what are proposing for your handoff and
    > plan appropriately.
    >
    > A single WIC-1DSU-T1 handles 1.544Mbps. There's no way to pump data
    > into it any faster, as it only talks T1. Now, if you had a WIC-1T
    > instead, you should be able to go up to 8Mbps over its DB60 port if
    > they hand you off a synch serial connection of whatever their bonding
    > device is.
    >
    > Or, if you had two WIC-1DSU-T1, you could do either MLPPP or
    > per-packet CEF load balancing out both WIC-1DSU-T1s. This is the most
    > common option for multi-T1 solutions.
    >
    > But, I'd ask "they" for what they are handing off to you, not try to
    > guess.

    The bonded T1s I've seen so far are delivered by the carrier as T1s if they
    aren't doing the bonding and Ethernet if they are. Basically they provide a
    router with multiple T1s and then pass it on to me as Ethernet.

    RC, Mar 13, 2007
  7. SheddTec

    Smokey Guest

    Doug McIntyre wrote:

    > But, I'd ask "they" for what they are handing off to you, not try to guess.

    Good point Doug....
    Smokey, Mar 13, 2007
  8. SheddTec

    SheddTec Guest

    Thanks for all the advice guys. I have been reluctant to call the
    company providing the service, just because I hate waiting on hold.
    But yea, it looks like some coordination is in order. I will try to
    remember to post what the outcome is.
    SheddTec, Mar 19, 2007