WIC-1DSU-T1 problems

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Aaron Spurlock, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. I have a WIC-1DSU-T1 card that is giving me fits. It passes all self
    tests, and performs fine with a loopback plug installed. When I put
    it on my live T1 line, though, it stays down and reports a yellow
    alarm.

    My T1 is services by a 1600 with a WIC-1DSU-T1 in it currently, and I
    test simply by removing the current T1 card and placing this "faulty"
    on in the router. No go. I replace the original T1 card and the T1
    comes back up fine.

    The only real difference I can see between the two cards is the
    reported software revision. The working on reports:

    Module type is T1/fractional
    Hardware revision is 0.88, Software revision is 1.07,
    Image checksum is 0x73D70058, Protocol revision is 0.1

    And the "faulty" on reports:

    Module type is T1/fractional
    Hardware revision is 0.88, Software revision is .2,
    Image checksum is 0x8510A6B6, Protocol revision is 0.1

    I got the "faulty" readout while the card is installed in a 1720, so I
    don't know if the base router has anything to do with the software
    revision or not, but again, that is the only difference I can see.

    Any pointers or thoughts on what I can try?

    Thanks!

    Aaron Spurlock, Jul 10, 2003

  2. Aaron Spurlock

    Chris Marva Guest

    Aaron,

    Do a "sho service-module" on the 1601 that works. Then pop in the faulty
    one and do the same. Make sure the parameters
    match. The wic defaults to esf/b8zs, and I think internal timing. A yellow
    alarm is an out of frame indication (I believe), so you
    may need to set timing to line.

    chris

    "Aaron Spurlock" <> wrote in
    message news:...