WIC-1ADSL - No Carrier

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mathias.gummert@gmx.de, Sep 15, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I have an ADSL connection provided by Deutsche Telecom. A "Speedport
    200" DSL Modem works fine with the line; once I plug the modem to the
    socket, the link-LED starts flashing and after some time it gets solid
    and I can use the link.

    I could get no connection (not even a CD) with a Cisco WIC-1ADSL on
    the same line. I tried it in a 1721 with different sy7-IOS versions
    and in a 1841 - with no success. "show dsl interface atm0" tells me
    "Line has not yet been activated".

    I learned that the pin assignment at the WIC-1ADSL is 3 and 4 for tip
    and ring, so I customized a cable, because the assignment of our
    splitters is 2 and 3. But still there is no carrier.

    Has anybody a good idea?

    ThankĀ“s very much.
    Mathias

    Here is my configuration:

    interface ATM0
    no ip address
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    pvc 1/32
    encapsulation aal5mux ppp dialer
    dialer pool-member 2
    !
    dsl operating-mode auto

    interface Dialer2
    ip address negotiated
    encapsulation ppp
    dialer pool 2
    dialer-group 1
    no cdp enable
    ppp pap sent-username password 0 password
    , Sep 15, 2008

  2. Uli Link Guest

    schrieb:
    > I have an ADSL connection provided by Deutsche Telecom. A "Speedport
    > 200" DSL Modem works fine with the line; once I plug the modem to the
    > socket, the link-LED starts flashing and after some time it gets solid
    > and I can use the link.

    > I could get no connection (not even a CD) with a Cisco WIC-1ADSL on
    > the same line. I tried it in a 1721 with different sy7-IOS versions
    > and in a 1841 - with no success. "show dsl interface atm0" tells me
    > "Line has not yet been activated".

    It seems you'll need another WIC:
    the WIC-1ADSL is for DSLoverPOTS, Annex A
    A WIC-1ADSL-I-DG is DSLoverISDN, Annex B

    --
    Uli
    Uli Link, Sep 15, 2008

  3. Uli Link wrote:
    > schrieb:
    >> I have an ADSL connection provided by Deutsche Telecom. A "Speedport
    >> 200" DSL Modem works fine with the line; once I plug the modem to the
    >> socket, the link-LED starts flashing and after some time it gets solid
    >> and I can use the link.

    >> I could get no connection (not even a CD) with a Cisco WIC-1ADSL on
    >> the same line. I tried it in a 1721 with different sy7-IOS versions
    >> and in a 1841 - with no success. "show dsl interface atm0" tells me
    >> "Line has not yet been activated".
    >>

    > It seems you'll need another WIC:
    > the WIC-1ADSL is for DSLoverPOTS, Annex A
    > A WIC-1ADSL-I-DG is DSLoverISDN, Annex B

    Made the same experience. But DO NOT use WIC-1ADSL for DSL over POTS. In Germany
    this won't work! All lines in Germany work with Annex B even analog ones.
    Andre Wisniewski, Sep 15, 2008