WIA (Camera wizard)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Redmana, Apr 17, 2005.

  1. Redmana

    Redmana Guest

    Can some one show me how to do this

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open
    DropTarget]"Clsid"="{F1ABE2B5-C073-4dba
    B6EB-FD7A5111DD8F}

    I have ....(excuse the amateurish

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE etc....

    *Name* *Type **Data
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1(key) ab(default) REG_SZ WIA Auto Pla
    Drop Targe

    (click +

    CLSID(key) ab(default) REG_SZ {F1ABE2B5-C07
    -4dba-B6EB
    FD7A5111DD8F

    does this reflect the above

    Help my camera wizad doesn't wor

    Please respond in amateuris
    Many Thank

    Thought I'd better add the followin

    Symptom: Autorun loads when I connect my camera but when I selec
    camera wizard etc.. it doesn't run the wizard. It did previously.
    know some people had problems with Autorun but not me

    My OS is XPpro (SP2
    I have nero with inCD ( latest upgrade
    I installed some software called MR Photo and then removed it throug
    add/remove software in contol panels this software added "Smart Star
    Up" to my start up items but is now de-selecte
    I do not have realplaye

    Please hel

    --
    Redman
    Redmana's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1181
    Redmana, Apr 17, 2005

  2. Redmana

    Guest

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:45:32 -0400, Redmana
    <> wrote:

    |>Can some one show me how to do this ?

    You want to install the following?

    |>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    |>WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell]
    |>
    |>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    |>WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open]
    |>
    |>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    |>WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open\
    |>DropTarget]"Clsid"="{F1ABE2B5-C073-4dba-
    |>B6EB-FD7A5111DD8F}"

    |>I have ....(excuse the amateurish)
    |>
    |>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE etc.....
    |>
    |>*Name* *Type **Data*
    |>WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1(key) ab(default) REG_SZ WIA Auto Play
    |>Drop Target
    |>
    |>(click +)
    |>
    |>CLSID(key) ab(default) REG_SZ {F1ABE2B5-C073
    |>-4dba-B6EB-
    |>FD7A5111DD8F}
    |>
    |>does this reflect the above?

    ah no..

    I have second thoughts about answering a http://www.iamnotageek.com
    post, but just tell you, you can do a lot better using the newsgroups.
    http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/fagent.html

    if you want to install the reg entries, open a text editor and copy
    and paste the following into it:

    REGEDIT4
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open\
    DropTarget]"Clsid"="{F1ABE2B5-C073-4dba-
    B6EB-FD7A5111DD8F}"

    Save the above as crasher.reg , then double click on the file, it will
    install the entries.

    Make a restore point first just in case, a back up wouldn't hurt.

    --
    http://www.honeynet.org/papers/bots/
    , Apr 17, 2005

  3. Redmana

    Guest

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:45:32 -0400, Redmana
    <> wrote:

    This is a resend, attempt'd to cancel the last message, a space is
    need'd after REGEDIT4 - it happen's

    |>Can some one show me how to do this ?

    You want to install the following?

    |>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    |>WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell]
    |>
    |>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    |>WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open]
    |>
    |>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    |>WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open\
    |>DropTarget]"Clsid"="{F1ABE2B5-C073-4dba-
    |>B6EB-FD7A5111DD8F}"

    |>I have ....(excuse the amateurish)
    |>
    |>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE etc.....
    |>
    |>*Name* *Type **Data*
    |>WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1(key) ab(default) REG_SZ WIA Auto Play
    |>Drop Target
    |>
    |>(click +)
    |>
    |>CLSID(key) ab(default) REG_SZ {F1ABE2B5-C073
    |>-4dba-B6EB-
    |>FD7A5111DD8F}
    |>
    |>does this reflect the above?

    ah no..

    I have second thoughts about answering a http://www.iamnotageek.com
    post, but just tell you, you can do a lot better using the newsgroups.
    http://clients.net2000.com.au/~johnf/fagent.html

    if you want to install the reg entries, open a text editor and copy
    and paste the following into it:

    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open]

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open\
    DropTarget]"Clsid"="{F1ABE2B5-C073-4dba-
    B6EB-FD7A5111DD8F}"

    Save the above as crasher.reg , then double click on the file, it will
    install the entries.

    Make a restore point first just in case, a back up wouldn't hurt.

    --
    http://www.honeynet.org/papers/bots/
    , Apr 17, 2005
  4. Redmana

    Redmana Guest

    Many thanks Pennywise for responding to my thread it was educational
    question, should the edit have been visible in the registry locatio
    that I posted previously as it remains the same.I know it is dangerou
    to mess around with the registry and I understand that many forumista
    would refrain from giving advise but I have read many posts on thi
    subject and think that adding the above to my registry is the soloutio

    Advice needed, I copied and pasted your second reply with the space an
    created the file with note pad , double clicked , received message " d
    i want to add to reg etc...." spyware didn't prompt for permission???
    rebooted(necessary?) checked the registry, remains the sam

    Redmana, Apr 19, 2005
  5. Redmana

    Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 02:20:05 -0400, Redmana
    <> wrote:

    |>should the edit have been visible in the registry location
    |>that I posted previously as it remains the same.

    Yes, if you search your reg you should find:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\
    WIA.AutoplayDropHandler.1\shell\open\
    DropTarget]"Clsid"="{F1ABE2B5-C073-4dba-
    B6EB-FD7A5111DD8F}

    If you save'd the entry(s) as a filename.reg with a text editor then
    double clicking on that saved file.

    --
    www.Fark.com
    , Apr 19, 2005
  6. Redmana

    Redmana Guest

    Redmana, Apr 19, 2005
  7. Redmana

    Guest

    On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:53:04 -0400, Redmana
    <> wrote:

    |>Yes I have that so that is not the problem.
    |>
    |>I'm now really lost, can camera wizard be re installed from CDrom? any
    |>ideas appreciated

    Uninstall then reinstall sure, but If the CD program didn't add those
    reg entries they will remain there.

    - Using regedit to remove reg entries
    http://www.robvanderwoude.com/index.html -

    As for your problem all I can suggest is this page
    http://tinyurl.com/83x8d , but seeing as it also has your reg values,
    you might of already been there. It advises using AutoFix.exe and
    removing Real Player.

    --
    www.Fark.com
    , Apr 19, 2005