    so I cannot setup the network from there. All three computers can access
    the internet. Can anyone help me to get my network fully functioning?

    Tracey
    Tracey, May 18, 2007

  2. Tracey

    Jim Guest

    Tracey wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have three computers all with Windows XP on them... When I go into
    > the modem's home page, I can see all the computers in the devices
    > page, but I cannot work out how to actually use the network... All
    > three computers can access the internet. Can anyone help me to get
    > my network fully functioning?
    >
    > Tracey

    Two things come to mind.

    Set all three computers to the same workgroup all ensure they all have
    file and print sharing enabled.

    -Jim
    Jim, May 18, 2007

  3. Tracey

    Lem Guest

    Tracey wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have three computers all with Windows XP on them. I have a Siemens
    > SpeedStream 6520 Wi-fi modem, which supplies Broadband Internet to my
    > computers - to the main computer by Ethernet connection, and to my laptop
    > and the kids computer by Netgear WG111v2 Wireless USB adapters. According
    > to the specs with these, I should be able to share files and printers as
    > well as the internet. When I go into the modem's home page, I can see all
    > the computers in the devices page, but I cannot work out how to actually use
    > the network. The modem has disabled the Wireless Network Setup in windows,
    > so I cannot setup the network from there. All three computers can access
    > the internet. Can anyone help me to get my network fully functioning?
    >
    > Tracey

    If all three computers can access the Internet, you are already
    networked. Here's the standard how-to from MS-MVP Malke:

    Run the Network Setup Wizard on each computer, making sure to enable
    File & Printer Sharing, and reboot. The only "gotcha" is that this will
    turn on the XPSP2 Windows Firewall. If you aren't running a third-party
    firewall or have an antivirus with "Internet Worm Protection" (like
    Norton 2005/06) which acts as a firewall, then you're fine. If you have
    third-party firewall software, configure it to allow the Local Area
    Network traffic as trusted. I usually do this with my firewalls with an
    IP range. Ex. would be 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.254. Obviously you would
    substitute your correct subnet.

    If one or more of the computers is XP Pro:

    accounts/passwords on all computers.

    b. If you don't care about using Pro's advanced features, leave the
    Simple File Sharing enabled.

    resources. This is a security hole but only you can decide if it
    matters in your situation.

    Shared Documents folder.

    If that doesn't work for you, here is an excellent network
    troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. Take the time to go through it
    and it will usually pinpoint the problem area(s) -
    http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Lem, May 18, 2007
  4. Hi
    settings,http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html As well as specific adjustment of
    each computer according to what it is allowed to be shared.
    Basic XP -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    Jack (MVP-Networking).