    happens.

    Any ideas....

    Arran
    =?Utf-8?B?QXJyYW4=?=, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Hi Arran

    I just ran a search on the Windows Hardware Compatability List for any Peak devices and none were
    found. If Peak is the manufacturer name then I would say the answer to your problem would be to
    purchase a card proven compatible with Windows XP. You can check this by going to the following
    site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/catalog/default.aspx?subid=22
    &xslt=cataloghome&pgn=ba1bcd46-ae5a-4b45-8bef-7c14c59bc834&title=home%20page

    David Hancock
    Microsoft Server Setup Team

    Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory

    Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp

    See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/

    NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    more timely response. Thank you!

    This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.

    The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
    not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of Microsoft.

    David Hancock, Oct 22, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QXJyYW4=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Most Manufactures of recent Wireless can not effort to release hardware that
    is not compatible with WindowsXP.

    However it is almost impossible to test their Hardware with all the laptops
    that are available on the Market.

    My experience in such cases shows that it is not usually a Windows problem
    but rather a Hardware problem. I.e. the thing is not compatible with the
    Sony.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    *

    > David Hancock
    > Microsoft Server Setup Team
    >
    > Search our Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/directory
    >
    > Visit the Windows 2000 Homepage at
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/default.asp
    >
    > See the Windows NT Homepage at http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/
    >

    > NOTE: Please reply to the newsgroup and not directly to me. This allows
    > others to add to and benefit from these threads and also helps to ensure a
    > more timely response. Thank you!
    >
    > This posting is provided "AS IS" without warranty either expressed or
    > implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
    > merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
    >
    > The views and opinions expressed in this newsgroup posting are mine and do
    > not necessarily express or reflect the views and / or opinions of

    Microsoft.

    **

    Jack, Oct 23, 2004