    Reading through the Winsock literature I get the impression that RSVP is an
    integral part of the Generic QOS (GQOS) part of WInsock....I dont need to use
    RSVP...CAN I BYPASS THE RSVP PART?

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lyZWxlc3MgQnJlbmRhbg==?=, Feb 2, 2006

  2. Please see this thread:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroup...0712&mid=fc84a763-3ba2-41ad-8d8a-fd7ae3c30712

    ( not an answer though, but may be useful ).

    Regards,
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Feb 5, 2006

  3. "Wireless Brendan" wrote:
    > PS
    > Reading through the Winsock literature I get the impression that RSVP is an
    > integral part of the Generic QOS (GQOS) part of WInsock....I dont need to use
    > RSVP...CAN I BYPASS THE RSVP PART?

    Regarding RSVP: WinXP and next OSes do not use the RSVP protocol itself.
    There are just some API remnants from win2k where it was used.

    IMHO until the new QoS API suitable for 802.11e is available in Vista, your
    best bet is directly talking to the wi-fi miniport driver using an NDIS
    transport driver.
    GQoS and TC based solution can be confusing and bristle.

    Regards,
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Feb 5, 2006